Favourite treat for sharing after a boat dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to bring these when we dived Cozumel. Always had at least four, one for each of us, as well as one for the dive guide and another for the boat captain.

5336292.jpg

Not Bonaire but in Mexico the crew would fish while we dove and have fresh ceviche ready when we returned for the ride back.

The best was an operator we dove with who would break out the coconut rum and juice after the last afternoon dive since there was no shore diving at that location - obviously not Bonaire either. Usually with a packaged fruit/cheese plate they kept in the cooler with the beer.

My group of 12 was usually their only business that week.

We didn't but if I dove with Habitat, I'd hit the pizza kitchen once the boat docked.

I think the OP was talking about something small and practical to get the salt taste out of your mouth, not a whole meal. My personal preference is Starbursts, Jolly Ranchers, or Tootsie Roll Pops. Some dive ops also bring cut up fruit on the boat. Not too common on Bonaire.

On one of the dive ops on GC, DNS, the owner always brings cookies his wife baked the night before. Nice touch.

Some dive ops also bring cut up fruit on the boat. Not too common on Bonaire.
Buddy Dive boats always have cut-up fruit. Last week we had some mixture of melon, pineapple, oranges apples, and watermelon. Even a Kiwi fruit one day!

For each boat dive, a bag of one of the following: Starbursts, Red Fish (chewy), or twizler licorice nibs. Folks I don't know on the boat start slow, but then dive in with both hands. Crew always love them. I leave whatever is left at the end of the trip with the crew.

Rob

On one of the dive ops on GC, DNS, the owner always brings cookies his wife baked the night before. Nice touch.
Blesi - one of the "B"''s at B&B Scuba on Maui bakes muffins...

Maria cookies are always a crowd pleaser.

One of DFB DMs brought a coconut from his own back yard once, that was a nice one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom