Favourite treat for sharing after a boat dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laura13

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are heading to Buddy Dive in Bonaire soon. I have always enjoyed the treats other divers have handed round after a dive. What are people's favourites? Any comments, suggestions? If you're going to be there Nov 4-17, chime in now (before I head to the store...). :)

I order tootsi pops from Amazon...100 for like $11.00 bucks...always a big hit during surface intervals.

Not Bonaire and doesn't necessarily apply to shore diving, but the small packs of cookies are almost never refused. I always stop at the grocery store and buy the jumbo packs and take several with me in our drybag. The cookies, frozen 12 oz containers of coconut water that thaw perfectly by the SI, and the little Mayan bananas make great surface interval snacks. I learned long ago to always feed your divemaster and Capitan.

safe travels,
Jay

I like whatever @Johnoly brings, yum :)
For the last 20 years, I've never stepped on a dive boat without snacks to feed the Captain & others.
Why??? Because in almost every trip, the captain will let you pick the 2nd dive site (even if he asked the others :) )
Bring food for the captain and passengers who TIP the captain more when fed,,and you almost always get to secretly pick the 2nd dive spot.

At my home port, I've done steaming hot lobster soup with warm rolls, Chilled lobster chunks, Hot lobster mac & cheese in ice cream cones (big hit)

But Johnoly,,,,we're on vacation and can't make food..........Bullsheets !

You gotta dive knife.......I've also done .............
5 ingredient fish ceviche with crackers (yellow onion, jalapenos, green onion, cilantro, & lemon juice with any white fish,,,,all diced up on the desk in a baggie

Scuba Kabobs > Pierced on a wood stick >>chunked fresh melon, pineapple, mushrooms, cherry tomatos, smokie joe sausages & mini-snicker's treat,,baggie them.

Or just buy a couple of packages of fresh muffins or brownies at the store each day and bring them.
Or get an order of chilled chicken wings at dinner take-out and place them in a baggie/Gladware and serve them at the interval.

Think about your last 20 boat trips,,,,,,Bringing food to share on the boat ALMOST NEVERS HAPPENS............and neither does getting to pick your very own 2nd dive site or the captain's secret spots !!

Bring food,,,,Dive the best secret spots !!!!

Back
Top Bottom