Favorite Rum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Truth be told... There will never be an exclusively high end rum. Why? Because it is made from sugar and spice... change one or the other and you still have alcohol, sugar and spice....
With apologies to Gene Murphy, what you don't know about rum... is a lot!
Oh, my favorite is probably the Cruzan single barrel estate... on a plane with Glenfiddich Solera Reserve, but a lot easier on the wallet.
:)

Rum from Guatemala.
If you have not had this rum, you should pursue all available resources to obtain it.Review linky thing

Actually one of my students gave me a bottle of Zapata and it is soooooooo good! I savor it and drink it a shot at a time.

Rum from Guatemala.
If you have not had this rum, you should pursue all available resources to obtain it.Review linky thing

I don't touch the stuff unless it's hidden in a mixed drink and I don't know the ingredients. I got "deathly" sick on rum during my first month of undergrad school. Now ouzo.... that's another story!

Actually one of my students gave me a bottle of Zapata and it is soooooooo good! I savor it and drink it a shot at a time.

I try to bring a bottle or two back whenever I travel to Guatemala, but it rarely lasts long.:D

I don't touch the stuff unless it's hidden in a mixed drink and I don't know the ingredients. I got "deathly" sick on rum during my first month of undergrad school. Now ouzo.... that's another story!

I got the same experience but with peach schnapps. Now I can hardly say the word schnapps without feeling sick. Anything else is fine :D

Rum from Guatemala.
That'n sure sounds nice!
On my (short) list now.
Rick

That'n sure sounds nice!
On my (short) list now.
Rick

You will, honestly not regret it, though you may hate me for recommending it after the bottle is finished and you are longing for more...

I still regret the day I finished the last bottle I had. I suppose I could mail order some, but it seems more proper to bring from where it was made.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom