Favorite Rum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cruzan sure does do some good stuff.

1919 out of Trinidad is good too.

I like the Cruzan Single Barrel. So smooth it goes down almost too quickly. I also like Havana Club when I can get it.

The only Cruzan I've had was ok.. but I definately wouldn't call it "smooth". but wasn't the Single Barrel, but the cheap stuff they sell in USVI.

How about Barbancourts Hatian Rum. Some of the best rum I've had. very smooth. drink it over crushed ice. I think they have an 8 year old, a 12 year old and maybe a 20 year old they sell

RhumBarbancourt81.jpg

The Appletons Estate (12 year old I think) isn't too shabby either.

3514.jpg

The only Cruzan I've had was ok.. but I definately wouldn't call it "smooth". but wasn't the Single Barrel, but the cheap stuff they sell in USVI.
Cruzan, like Bacardi, makes a whole slate of different rums, from the rough cheap "mix it with anything else" stuff to the very smoothest of the smooth... sorta like comparing a Beetle to a Veyron - they're both Volkswagens, right?
Rick

I almost bought some Cruzan single barrel last week, but didn't want to have to mess with bringing it back on the airplane (since you can't carry liquids (more than 4oz) as carry on anymore)

Fernandes rum out of Trinidad is the best Ive ever had. It is next to impossible to get here in the states even in the Keys. I scoured the islands looking for it while I was living down there. The closest I got was the 12 year reserve which was like 20$ a glass at the Rum Barrel. Its my favorite because a dear friend and Trini would bring it back to New Orleans by the case for her closest friends.

Bacardi Anejo used to be THE thing in South Florida.......aged, sweet, rum. However, Bacardi seems to be slowly phasing it out to other "high end" labels, and it becomes more difficult to locate here in town.......
World of Wine... 5 miles from your house...

The caramel flavor of Captain Morgan, mixed with Diet Coke... mmmm!

Jamaican Rum just leaves me wanting...

Bacardi Gold, OK... the rest of the Bacardi line seems to be a joke... flavor/price-wise...

Truth be told... There will never be an exclusively high end rum. Why? Because it is made from sugar and spice... change one or the other and you still have alcohol, sugar and spice....

Back
Top Bottom