Favorite Ocean Animal Contest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelpprincess

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
What is your favorite marine animal? and why?

blue shark by Fred Buyle.jpg
I love sharks because they are an indicator of the health of a marine ecosystem and they are beautiful to watch...
(the awesome photo here was taken by Fred Buyle...)

For those of you who are scuba divers AND who also use Instagram, there's a cool contest being offered by Suunto Diving if you share your answers on Instagram by April 23rd and tag your post with #suuntodive you can win a nitrox-capable, large-displayed Suunto Zoop Novo dive computer! Which, btw, I have found super easy to use.

(detail on terms here: http://bit.ly/2n9Uzmp )

Sharks are my favorite as well. They are beautiful, romantic, and deadly. The ones that I see captivate. The ones that I don't see haunt my imagination.

Cowfish or Trunk fish....they just look like cartoons with no biological explanation whatsoever. huge bodies compared to tiny fins and they just seem to hover. just funny. I could easily go out of air watching them
cowfish.jpg

smooth-trunkfish-15486035.jpg

Safe travels,
Jay

Mine are puffer fish. funny and surprisingly intelligent. We had some in an aquarium when I was younger. They'd react differently to different people walking up to the tank, eat out of your hand, play fetch with a small rubber ball we'd throw in. If they wanted your attention, they'd pull on the thermometer and let go so it would bang into the glass until you came over. I can't wait to see them in the ocean.

I've gotta go octopus. I've always been an H.P. Lovecraft fan. I wanted to add a picture too. I took this on a night dive at Blue Heron Bridge, March 27, 2017.

upload_2017-4-11_15-29-44.png

Sohal surgeonfish are so beautiful with the lacy ends on their fins like the icing on the cake. I love a Picassofish too because it's such a brilliantly apt name.

I love clownfish ("Nemos") because theyare so brave and funny, swimming up nose to nose with me at possibly 1,000x his size and sternly letting me know who is the sheriff in this neighborhood. Baby nemos like tiny flecks of color scattered through an anemone are just too cute for words.

IMG_3502.JPG
Not a single animal but I love baitballs. I love swimming in and among them then watching the choreography of their dance from a distance.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom