favorite movies (not necessarily dive related)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My problem with the Bourne series is that they took entirely took much artistic liscence and don't really mirror the books. Are they entertaining? Yes, but I was hoping they would have stuck closer to Ludlum's story.

Hashime, if you enjoy car chases, you can't do better than Ronin.

Hashime, if you enjoy car chases, you can't do better than Ronin.
Just got back to the thread now.

Yes, Ronin has a great car chase and is one of my favourite movies, the name just escaped me while writing the list.

It is also true the bourne trilogy did not mirror the books well however movies almost never mirror books so I expected it. Still entertaining movies though.

I was not a fan of District 9 though. I can see arguments for the rest of your list. I loved Firefly and Serenity, and V For Vendetta was under rated in my opinion.

Mona, I can honestly say I've never seen any part of Titanic. Reading A Night to Remember is as close as I've come.

1. The 13th Warrior
2. We Were Soldiers Once
3. Wedding Crashers
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Into The Blue

2. We were soldiers??
Great movie, one of my favorites

Once upon a time Pulp would have made my list. I think I watched it entirely to many times and have since outgrown it.

13th Warrior is definitely under rated

These are my favourite movies but not in a specific order:

• Seven Pounds
  • A walk to remember
  • The pursuit of happiness
  • The Vow

The Right Stuff
Trainspotting
City of Men

As a variation on this theme, I had a good argument with some friends about the greatest trilogy of all times. I thought that more recent Batman trilogy probably just about shades it ahead of other classics like Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Bourne, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom