Favorite LDS in Wreck Valley?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSC gets my vote too. Granted I might be a little predudice about this. I spent my last 3 winters up there because I believed so much in the way they trained. You won't just pay your $$$ and walk through their courses. They make sure you got a good hand on what your training involves. They also will do specialty classes on request, even if there is only one student. The fact that they have a heated pool just enhances what they can provide as far as teaching year round. Great selection of gear that they offer pro's and con's on considering your type of diving, without being pressured into buying. With 18 Instructors and 16 Divemasters on staff, getting training is never a problem. Great bunch of ppl who LOVE diving

rick,

you are one of those great people. if jenn never took check out dives with you in the pool, where she learned so much, then she would have never found you guys and i also would have never switched dive shops, so when this topic comes up please rick don't leave yourself out, you are equally and sometimes more amazing then the rest of the staff there

I have been going to Flemington Scuba after defecting from Lang's in Trenton.
So far, so good. Very nice and honest staff, reasonable prices, and actually, much more convenient for me to get to. :thumb:
I haven't done a lot of transacting with them, I have been there only a few times, but I have been impressed so far.

I only found NESS a few weeks ago, wandering out to look at 'puters during a very bad work day. Close to my new office. I was impressed by their selection of gear & Jeff was extremely helpful & knowlegable & not intimidating (maybe it's a girl thing - sometimes staff have a somewhat condescending manner if I go in alone & not just dive shops - electronics stores, auto dealers, Home Depot....). Looking forward to dealing with them more in the future & they do have nice boats!

Blue Horizons - Delaware Ave, Philly. Did OW/AOW & specialty training w/ Dave & Keith - patient & fun guys. Everyone I've met there is very nice, but these guys just love their work & it shows & everyone learns & has a good time. Always willing to work with the client - I got sick during OW, had to take 6 weeks off, no problem, extra pool time till I felt comfortable, very patient during OW check out dives. (I'll admit - I cried a little day 1, now it seems goofy, but it was stressful then.)

I like Stingray Divers in Brooklyn. Its mostly a technical shop. The people are not full of themselves or even try to make a hard sell...I like that. The best way to do biz with them is actually go to the shop. e-mail and calls don't work too well, lol. Ask for Pablo and mention my name.

This thread has been really informative. After being a little dissapointed that the shop I work at wasn't mentioned, I realized its probably cause there are some things we can improve on. Your comments are great for researching what matters to customers and what stuff sticks. I would love to hear from you guys on what shops can IMPROVE on, what's not being done well, what would turn you off of a shop alltogether.

Back
Top Bottom