Favorite gauge console for Petrel 2 owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been using black for awhile and I find them easier to read......I'm no young buck anymore....I even tried pony guages for a trip awhile back.....swapped back as soon as I returned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sell mainly black to my customers. No one has ever returned one for a white face. I have had them buy white then order a black a couple weeks or months later. I am just about all black on mine. But with nine reg sets needing them it's a gradual thing.

My favorite gauge console is 2 petrel's. Honestly if they both fail you were meant to die - and besides everyone carries tables - right? RIGHT!? - the answer should be yes.

I guess I missed the point of the question - I just kind of assume everyone has an SPG - it's literally the cheapest most reliable thing in your kit for the most part. Except when it explodes. That sucks.

What's the difference in viewing a black backed SPG over a white one?

Glass/brass SPG, compass on my left wrist, Petrel 1 on my right wrist. Simple and elegant.

Curious about the benefits of black back SPG too.

Probably Deep 6 Gear - Chris Richardson's (cerich) - formerly of Edge/Hog - new dive company.

Our line of Gauges come in a variety of configurations, from individual SPGs, console mounts, to wrist mounts. All of our gauges feature our brand orange luminescent background with black lettering, providing excellent visibility in a variety of conditions.

Probably Deep 6 Gear - Chris Richardson's (cerich) - formerly of Edge/Hog - new dive company.

That's my assumption as well. I saw his "soon to be orange" and could only laugh while thinking Chris has another customer awaiting stock. How long do you think it'll be before the first shipment sells out? I know I'm anxious to get a set. I dove a set about a month ago and the quality was phenomenal. My wife might be inheriting my current set :wink:

On topic: there seems to be a trend, and I couldn't agree more. Nice brass&glass spg, color is up to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom