Father's Day Dive, Pepper Park, Ft. Pierce

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DennisW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Donna and I got the gear ready this morning and drove down to Pepper Park near the Ft. Pierce Inlet. The sea was flat calm. We geared up, walked the short walk to the beach (a long walk in the FL sun and with wet suits and gear), put our fins on and backed into the water. The water was chilly, 75 degrees. A little colder than I expected. When we got to where the water was up to Donna's chest, we turned around and descended to the bottom, put on our gloves, got out the buddy line and headed east. The initial viz was probably 2 ft or so, as we continued, it improved to between 15 and 20 ft. We swam over the 1st line of rocks that is called a reef line, over the second and then stayed on the 3rd reef line. We cruised South and saw that the Hurricane damage from last year is still there and the sea life is still recovering. Lots of sand still on the rocks, covering them and much of the soft corals are just no longer there. We saw a lot of Blennies, Sea Cucumbers, Pork Fish, and Sea Urchins. There were some Damsel Fish, but not many. I saw some Juvinile Parrot Fish, I don't know what kind, but they were there. We also saw two small bugs hiding under a ledge. Back to the North where we exited nearly exactly where we entered the water.

12 ft max depth for 42 minutes (Donna got cold)
Viz 20 ft max
Water was very silted.

All in all, still a fun dive, even though my weight belt fell off, and I get stuck in the hand by an Urchin while putting it back on. I got the entire spine out while under water, so I can't even tell where I got stuck.

I probably saw you. We entered about 10:30am or so. I know I saw 2 dive flags other than ours. I hope you had a good time, we surely did.

Hey I dive there when I get the time off to do so. I "might" dive there Tuesday 21st. Next time you go let me know I'd be glad to tag along and have a buddy other than the many blennies that are always there.

Eric

Orlando Eric:
Hey I dive there when I get the time off to do so. I "might" dive there Tuesday 21st. Next time you go let me know I'd be glad to tag along and have a buddy other than the many blennies that are always there.

Eric

Eric,

Since I now have a house in Sebastian and will be there from time to time. I am sure I will be diving Pepper Park more often. I'll let you know the next time I am in Florida and maybe we can get together for a dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom