Fatality at Jersey Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why is this even possible?

It's not possible to do it and pass all required tests properly. Ignoring the proper (required) tests, it's kinda-sorta possible due to the depth of human capacity to make mistakes.

I just found out I can assemble my car without the brakes on it. I was curios if this is covered by the EN whatever that keeps being posted. Damn it will drive too, I better go on over to the car forums and post 20 pages of nonsense and opinion so maybe I can turn off some people from even following a section on a forum.

I doubt my point will be heeded, and my off topic post likely to be deleted, but seriously, there is not a damn thing to learn from this anymore, just nonsense and the demand for hand holding.

Suspect not, because some sensor will tell you something is wrong. Of course, if you ignore the alarms and lights on the dashboard...

Also, you cannot go off and drive your car even if your driving instructor tells you you are good enough and can go.

You'd still need to pass an independent driving test by an independent examiner to standards set independently from those of your driving instructor and his association (if any).

Not to mention cars are mature products and well-built relative to rebreathers, mass-produced contrary to rebreathers, notwithstanding that cars do also break-down and require product recalls when a design engineer has the "oh s. , I did not think about that moment" or manufacturing f.-up.

So, a car gives you an overall level of safety and comfort you can forget on a rebreather (despite rebreathers costing close to a small car).

Bad analogy, yours, but glad you brought it up.

---------- Post added December 17th, 2014 at 11:59 AM ----------

It's not possible to do it and pass all required tests properly. Ignoring the proper (required) tests, it's kinda-sorta possible due to the depth of human capacity to make mistakes.

I do wonder how she managed to pass the "stereo" or "suck-blow" test because that is the one test which if done properly should have failed.

Maybe there is more to it.

I do wonder how she managed to pass the "stereo" or "suck-blow" test because that is the one test which if done properly should have failed.

What makes you think she did one?

What makes you think she did one?

Because it is in the manual and she was trained to do it.

Just finished her course.

So what you're saying is she had all the required training, and scuba parts necessary to complete this dive safely.

Why didn't she survive?
Why were her cells out of date?
What does that imply about the level of complacency of this diver or pair of divers?

Another couple questions:
If her cells were a year out of date, how did she pass her course?

The coroner noted that the air cells read drastically lower FO2 than actual. How was this not caught during setup? A proper set up would've caught this. The cell readings should have also shown the breathing loop issues she had.

All evidence is pointing to the same thing, is it not?

What does that imply about the level of complacency of this diver or pair of divers?

I'll get sued if I answer your question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom