Fatal error: Could not obtain file lock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather not crash our servers but thanks for the advice!

Is anyone stil getting this error? If so, how common is it for you?

Tech Admin:
I'd rather not crash our servers but thanks for the advice!

Is anyone stil getting this error? If so, how common is it for you?
Actually, I haven't seen it happen in days.

Edit: Just got a 523 Error

I just got the error when I clicked on "New Posts" tonight...

It's back!

Fatal error: Could not obtain file lock in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 523

I usually get it when adding a new sub. Not every time though.

I got it just now:
Fatal error: Could not obtain file lock in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 523

It's happened quite a few times over the last week or so. If I hit the refresh button it loads OK.

I got a thread lock error tonight, and the board refresh is still achingly slow at times, including getting timeouts.

how many users were logged on at the time? if you don't know, please note next time it happens...

it looks like your DB is not tuned properly and people are waiting for data from DB

Thank you for your input, however, the number of users accessing the site is not an issue, nor is the number of concurrent sessions. We are still attempting to drill down on this problem but as we can not duplicate it on a regular basis it has been hard to squash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom