Faru, Maldives - Pics From This Week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pwfletcher

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just returned to Paris today from Faru in the Maldives. It was the first time that I used my new "smaller" set up consisting of a Canon S400 with matching Canon UW housing. I have alot to say about the camera and the location, but here are a few low res examples until I get back across the pond to Cali.

Anemone.jpg

Eel.jpg

Eel2.jpg

Damsel.jpg

Porcupine.jpg

Octopus.jpg

Hammock.jpg

I really like the first one of the anemone but they could all be improved just a bit with better strobe placement. Other than that they look great!

Nice pics, also look like you have the perfect spot to off gas between diving as well!

You're right Dee ... I was actually using no strobe on these. I have a Sea&Sea 90 on my D100, but am using this smaller setup without a strobe when I don't want to carry all of my gear. I must say, however, that I am quite pleased with how well these came out for being such a relatively cheap (>$500 for camera, memory, and housing) set up. Still, I may add a small focus light as I was unable to get a lock sometimes when sticking the camera in a hole.

Back
Top Bottom