Farnsworth Banks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yesterday our dive club, SOCDC, chartered the Magician dive boat. Our destination was Farnsworth Banks. We were able to make two great dives at Farnsworth. It is always fun diving this site as it is so unpredictable whether you will make it or not depending on the conditions. Here is a link to some pictures from my diving at Farnsworth:

Farnsworth Banks July 28, 2012

I love Farnsworth Banks, but it always puts me into deco! There's always a tempting shot, just as my computer says my no deco dive time is about to expire. Nice pics.

Yup, I went into deco on my 2nd dive at Farnsworth last week. Temptation everywhere down there, esp way down there.

Looks like you had a good day to dive it! The only time I've gotten to do Farnsworth, the viz was about 15 feet and the current was RIPPING. We still got a chance to see what a beautiful place it is.

You have a very nice set of photographs -- I love the moray coming out of the hydrocoral!

Farnsworth Bank is my all time favorite Catalina dive site... it always puts me into deco (at least when I was diving my HP120 there). Used to get down to the 180-200 ft level and be "surrounded" by torpedo rays with excellent visibility. The colors of the hydrocoral and the Given zoanthids are beautiful not to mention the red-spotted sea stars and other interesting critters one sees there. Even reports of scythe butterflyfish although I've never seen one there.

A torpedo ray was an accomplice to my entering deco on dive 2 at Farnswarth on 7/23. This pic was taken by my buddy Greg Saiz.

Is that electricity that is arcing around in the tail and that might have attracted me to take a bite?

[COLOR=#363636 !important][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#363636 !important][/COLOR]

Last edited:
Looks like you had a good day to dive it! The only time I've gotten to do Farnsworth, the viz was about 15 feet and the current was RIPPING. We still got a chance to see what a beautiful place it is.

You have a very nice set of photographs -- I love the moray coming out of the hydrocoral!

Ty for the compliment. I was just going around the different pinnacles and I saw that. I was like wow that is interesting. I loved the contrast between the green and purple when I saw it.

The vis was great on the first dive. The second dive not as good. One thing that is nice, is now that it is an MLPA you aren't fighting with fishing boats for spots now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom