Farnsworth Banks 08/23/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On Saturday, we made the trip Farnsworth Banks on the Dive Boat "Magician". We were not sure if we were going to dive as the forecast was for a bad south swell this weekend. The swell was not bad at all but whatever swell was it sure stirred up things. The water was green and viz was way down as well. At around 100 feet or so it was nice and chilly. I had 60 on my computer. I didn't get very many good pics but here are a couple:

More can be found at:

I was on the dive too. Here are a few of mine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 135
And anotherimage.jpg

On Saturday, we made the trip Farnsworth Banks on the Dive Boat "Magician". We were not sure if we were going to dive as the forecast was for a bad south swell this weekend. The swell was not bad at all but whatever swell was it sure stirred up things. The water was green and viz was way down as well. At around 100 feet or so it was nice and chilly. I had 60 on my computer. I didn't get very many good pics but here are a couple:

More can be found at:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoyed your post and pictures...

You might enjoy reading about the very first recreation dive on Farnsworth Banks 54 years ago in December 1950- I was there

~~ http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/socal/438366-farnsworth-4th-november-2012-nearly-perfect-2.html ~~~

SDM

My favorite Catalina dive site... although those living on the mainland often get there more frequently than I do! Just for the record, I wasn't there on Sam's dive! Tee hee.

Bill you would have been welcomed with open arms...

We needed a young, sweet and tender fellow such as you for shark fodder..

Now after all these many years the sharks would probably spit you out of their mouths; too old, too tough, and too much fat content.

Therefore, you are safe to dive Farnsworth!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Are you familiar with the book on the Farnsworth family and their contribution to Santa Catalina? Very interesting reading. I would suspect a copy could be located some where on the island.

SDM

So far the GWS have stayed clear of me, Sam... maybe you've hit on the reason!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom