Fare wars!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Ya gotta love it when the airlines do this. Right now R/T Anchorage to Maui plus a rental car for a week for $525!!!!!!!! Im having a tough time finding a reason not to go back except Im going alone. Anybody wanna meet me there?

Snowbear:
Does this mean you're back in AK??

Wanna dive? :D
Im back! I got back first week of April then went back to Hilo for a week and got back last week just in time to jump on the fires here. The big one rekindled today and is now at 250 acres plus outside the lines and a second spot tried to rekindle but it's being held at 25 acres.
Id love to dive with ya. Here or Hawaii? I have everything but my BC and I have a backup untill the box from Hawaii arrives....I wonder if it's warm enough yet for a 7mm suit? I gotta get a dry suit ordered.

Can't do Hawaii...

As far as I know, the "big one" is currently in Homer..... so how about diving in Seward?
PM me with your work schedule (at least your days off :wink:).

If you want, I'll bring the Avon and we can do Boulder City out of Seward.... though I'd be willing to make the drive to Homer if you're familiar with the Katchemak Bay dive sites (I have a chart if that helps...)?

I have never dove here but I know what the bottom looks like and have some places in mind. My 12 footer is a crappy dive boat and the 46 footer is on the beach and needs work. The 30 footer would work OK I guess but your inflatable would be better. Im up for Seward if your up for Homer.

Tell me about it! I just looked into a 3 day trip to Molokai - flight - hotel (almost a suite) on the beach - rent-a-car - for 2, under $600...now if we didn't have to woek that would be great.

Hope you guys have a fun dive...what's the water temp?

Cool! Though I'm pretty busy lately, except for what seems my days off (kelly schedule) are plentiful and mostly flexible, so just let me know when yours are and where you want to go. Seward is a lot closer for me than Homer and I know a lot of the better dive sites, so that's probably a better option.

The 13' inflatable actually makes a pretty good dive boat for 2 people doing 2 dives.

justleesa:
Tell me about it! I just looked into a 3 day trip to Molokai - flight - hotel (almost a suite) on the beach - rent-a-car - for 2, under $600...now if we didn't have to woek that would be great.

Hope you guys have a fun dive...what's the water temp?
So what you're saying is it would be doable for you to come to AK for a dive trip with the Bear.... And you wouldn't even have to rent a car since a certain bear might be inclined to loan you one of hers :D

Snowbear:
So what you're saying is it would be doable for you to come to AK for a dive trip with the Bear.... And you wouldn't even have to rent a car since a certain bear might be inclined to loan you one of hers :D
UUUHHH!!...that might be worth looking into for the summer :D...If you'd have me, I' might, come for a visit....as long as my wallet plays along that is :wink:

Back
Top Bottom