Fantasy Island trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronrosa:
I hear ya diver 85. Sounds like they've had plenty of time to improve dive operations. You are right, if they don't keep the divers happy, they will loose that part of their business.

Just curious, where else have you dove and what kind of diving do you like ?

I've been to a lot of places in the Caribbean, and it is starting to look similar to me. I've just started to get an appreciation for macro and the freedom of shore diving which is a big reason I chose Cocoview for my 1st Roatan visit.

I'll have to make a return visit to dive the west and north sides.

We own a house on the beach @ Roatan, bought in '94, www.sundancerroatan.com- we have 1B(click on 1A-for above unit & we're 1B- for below unit)....Been 26 times but our 1st trip(to buy) we stayed @ FI, June of '94...That week out of 6 days of diving , we dove 4 days on the north side(they kept 2 boats in a slip on the north side & bussed us to the boats each day) due to the prevailing high winds- 80% of the time out of the south...

Have dove the Bahamas in the latter 80's), Cozumel(1st time in '89 then twice in the last 6 months), Belize many times in the late 80's, then Grand Cayman '89 till '94 when we bought @ Sundancer.....

I'm a little partial to Roatan, I guess you can say, but have made many off the tourist path dives there(one of our sons moved there @ age 19 & was an instructor & UW photographer for 3.5 years)..During his time there we had a locally made 17' center console with a 50 Yamaha & even went to the Sea Mounts for daily trips back then.....There are several dives that tourist just will never see(mainly cave & cavern diving), absolutely great diving.....

Speaking of CCV, have been there about 10 times- we visit there everytime we dive Mary's Place form BIBR & eat lunch there in between dives 2 & 3 for the day......Nice place, just the diving is better other places on the island....

If you ever get a chance to go to Barberetta & dive Pigeon Key(again on the North side toward Guanaja), DO IT.....and I own no interest in BIBR, ILR, Sueno del Mar & AKR....lol......,just know all places(& their owners) very well & know they run great places......My son worked for the 1st 3 @ one time or another before settling down with Julito & Julio @ AKR his last 1.5 year on the island....btw, he left the island as a water sports director for the Wind Star company(see them @ www.windstarcruises.com)...worked there for 1.5 years & quit & went to work for Peter Hughes on 3 of his boats for a year & a half, literally sailed half way around the world while with the Wind Stars...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom