Fantasy Island Tours?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Lori

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Those of you who have been to FIBR. Did you take any of the topside tours? Are there any you would recommend taking or avoiding?

TIA!

Lori

Diver Lori:
Those of you who have been to FIBR. Did you take any of the topside tours? Are there any you would recommend taking or avoiding?

TIA!

Lori

Hi Lori,

Parrotheaddiver is right on about the Canopy Tour! A friend and I did it in May while on Roatan and it was a blast!!

After the Canopy Tour we checked out West Bay Beach, West End, Coxen Hole, French Harbor, and a few dive resorts. The Canopy Tour was definitely the highlight for me. We rented a car which was kind of nice as we could sightsee on our own schedule.

I've put a few Roatan trip pics online at http://www.urbanphoenix.com/eric

Have a great trip!!

I did a canopy tour in Costa Rica in 1998 and loved it! Looks like I will have to do another one! Thanks for the links.

Lori

I personnally did not take these tours but another diver in my group did some of these and they raved about them as being spectacular. One of the girls did the water rafting/canopy tour which was the best $$ value package and had a terrific time, she also went horseback riding and had a great time.

Some of the guys did a half day fishing trip on a yacht divided the cost between 6 of them and they also had a really good time. They brought dinner home too! They caught a 30-40lb wahoo, which the chef cooked that night special for our group. It was delicious.

The only tour I did was the dolphin encounter and snorkle. Which I throughly enjoyed.

Do the Dolphin Snorkel, as it's cheaper than Scuba, and probably more fun. I settled for the Scuba with Dolphins as the Snorkel encounter was already full for the last day, and I think I'd agree with what I've heard - the Snorkel is more fun. Plus, you can do that while waiting out your no-dive time before flying. Just don't Free Dive the same day as Scuba.

Back
Top Bottom