Fan with hose - drying CCR loop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have always used a dehumidifier, just competed a KISS GEM course and dried that like I usually dry my gear, I just use a dehumidifier set to 40 % and lay it all out. dries everything in 2 days, maybe less, i dont check periodically. simplest way I have found and doesn't require much effort.

After hanging the loop vertically I cut a long piece of absorbent cloth and carefully push it up the hose leaving a piece hanging out the end. The water gets soaked up inside the loop- the end piece drys out first and causes a wicking effect pulling the rest of the moisture out

I have a dehumidifier fan that was made to go into a kegerator, which I no longer have. I just stick it into the loop or counter lungs to dry them out. It looks kinda like this

I have a dehumidifier fan that was made to go into a kegerator, which I no longer have. I just stick it into the loop or counter lungs to dry them out. It looks kinda like this
Interesting. Even Amazon has this in stock!

Is that fan quiet and gentle, i.e. not some vacuum cleaner blast? What sort of length is the hose?

Interesting. Even Amazon has this in stock!

Is that fan quiet and gentle, i.e. not some vacuum cleaner blast? What sort of length is the hose?
I don’t even use the hose, I just stick the exhaust into one of my counter lung holes. It’s gentle airflow and it looks to be made of a large computer fan. I have mine running in my garage, it’s not sound dampened so I wouldn’t say it’s quiet.

The quiet was more about it not being too powerful.

For drying my double hose regulator loop I use an old CPAP machine.

I find that hanging the loop vertically does the trick, at least for my JJ loop. I made a 3D printable design for that... help yourself!

Back
Top Bottom