Falling Rock this weekend (06/07/08)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonMurray

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone know what I can expect at Falling Rock this weekend with respect to water temps and visibility?

Cold and dark.

I would wager a guess of 50-60 degrees with 15' vis on average. Looks like I'll be out the 8th, post a report if you go out on the 7th.

50-60 degree...would that be on the surface? White Star last weekend was 47ish at 40'. Just a bit of a thermo starting. Of course that is northern OH.
Somebody think about the following weekend. I am looking at coming down.

I didn't check the surface temps. On the two dives last weekend, every time I checked temps from 20'-30' I was seeing low to mid 50's. Haven't down loaded the computer so I guesstimated. Probably see you the following weekend, are you going for a full weekend or a specific day?

I would like to shoot for the entire weekend but that is if I can get someone out on Saturday. Seems that most are diving Sunday. Might even be up for a Friday evening dive.

Would say that I would switch to the wet suit with those temps but not diving the doubles. Found out last weekend how to use the dry suit instead of the BC while doing a S-drill.

The surface is about 70 and holds till about 12'-15' and from there is cools down a bit. If you stay deep it can get a bit chilly but it's definitely wetsuit temps. :yelclap:

I and a buddy will be there this Saturday. Never been before. Will report back on conditions.

I guess I could swing by on the 8th if Kenny is going to be there! :wink:

Anybody up for the 14th-15th?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom