Fall and winter SCUBA plans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So what do you have planned in terms of SCUBA for this fall and winter season????

I plan on diving each month,,,,and will be a bit more comfy this season in my new drysuit ......will continue my DSAT Tec Deep studies.......hope to check out some new fresh water spots.......and if all works out go to Wisconsin for my Ice Diving merit badge--brrr!

texdiveguy:
So what do you have planned in terms of SCUBA for this fall and winter season????
I plan on diving at least once a month, even when the water is 50 degrees. My 7mm and 5mm hooded vest should be enough.

I plan on weenie-ing out as soon as the water gets cold and starting to look for cheap trips to Cozumel :) When the air and water gets cold is usually when I start riding my jet ski a little more. You can wear a 3mm suit and it feels great, the water is smooth and you have the lakes/rivers all to yourself.

I'm with Alan. I am going to dive every month! Drysuit diving is for me. I never thought I would say that, but it is getting easier to manuever that suit. CSSP in October, Valhalla in November, CSSP for the Poker Run in December, Grand Cayman in December, Possum Kingdom in January, Ice Diving in Wisconsin in February, March is still up for grabs. I will probably divemaster through the Winter also. My goal this winter is to get some wide angle shots of the CSSP plane, boat, shark, and deep water platforms. Winter months are great for photography, clear water!

Debraw,

I am in Brownwood, TX. The LDS tried to setup a trip to Valhalla but couldn't get enough people to commit for the trip. If your group needs a few more divers, let me know. I would be interested as would a couple of my local dive buddies.

Steven

I plan to dive almost every weekend throughout the fall/ winter. That is if the dry suit I ordered a few months ago gets here.

Yep we have spots for Valhalla! I PM'ed you. :D

Trips to Travis and a Thanksgiving cave trip to FL. Probably make a trip out to Balmoreha or however you spell it. Anyone know if the coditions have cleared up? I was there last Feb and it was about 15' on Fri and Sat when the OW students showed up, it was 2 inches.

I'll be diving non-stop through the winter in Lake Travis in my new drysuit. I dove regularly last winter in a 7mil farmer John wetsuit (down to 56 degrees) looking forward to trying out the new drysuit.

I prefer winter diving (except for the cold part, and I got pretty darn cold last winter in a wet suit).

P.S. I won't swim in pee (wetsuit), so I used a novel solution. I dive off of my sailboat which conveniently has a microwave: I warmed up a quart of water for 7 minutes (about as hot as I could stand it) and filled my wetsuit before getting in the water. No shock at all when entering 55 degree water, and the warmth would last probably 20 minutes or so (i.e. after 20 minutes I _started_ to notice the cold outside). After 45 minutes I was ready to end the dive. I think my max downtime was 55 minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom