Fakarava. The kingdom of sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nice video. doesn't really portray the image they like to project on shark week.

Tnx! I am not sure if I read your words well but at the beginning I wanted to name this video "Jaws, the makeover" because that movie did so many bad things in the mind of the people. OK, we divers know better but I still know a lot of divers who are afraid of sharks. On this trip there were days that I dived with 300 sharks and I never felt any threat or danger.

Yep, that's what I mean, watching your video the sharks are the opposite of all the drama they want to portray of sharks on shark week. Reality and TV are completely different.

Very cool. What kind of sharks? Why do they congregate in those tight schools?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

In the pass: mostly grey reef sharks, some whitetips and sometimes silvertips. In the shallower area: mostly blacktips. They stay in the area. The grey reef sharks are cruising against the current in the channel. Why? I don't know. Big hammerheads and tigersharks are more lucky shots. They come and go but don't stay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom