Fairy's big Sydney adventure.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm thinking granny panties.

thats cotton granny panties to you cheeky!

well im sorry to say that the Mrs stuffed up her first dive with the Fairy - i picked the wrong tank and didnt weigh myself correctly and was 6lbs too lights.... meaning i waved off hubby and Fairy for the dive while i waiting for their return...and hour later!

vis is shot, surge is up, weather sucks so maybe doing some tourist stuff tomorrow and leaving saturday for the weedies!

here i was wondering what we will do with her but it seems we're already running out of time to do everything i hoped - bugger, she might have to just come back :multi:

Are there bonus points for getting the NOB right? :D

Almitywife and I are wondering what a NOB is?

Anyway, back to the mission of scubaboard, I'll talk about my dive today. We went to Shelly Beach at Manley. Theo and I did the dive because Lorraine messed up with the tank (she said she talked about that already though) Lot's of surge. Like riding a roller coaster. so much fun. We saw an octopus , big blue "Gropers" aka Groupers, and what Theo called a catfish but it didn't look like any catfish I've seen in the US. It had a long tail, almost eel-like, and the front of the body was really fat. It was yellow and was the weirdest looking fish I've ever seen. We saw tons of rays. I kept wondering if they were the same as the ones that got Steve Irwin. I couldn't believe how close we could get to them. Theo said it was because the vis was so bad (15 feet or so which is wonderful vis by NJ standards) they couldn't see us.
Then we ran in to Tom Carroll, the surfing champ, in the parking lot. AWife snapped my photo with him. Of course, I had no idea who he was.:rofl3:
Now, we are going to the shops.
What a nice couple. Make me feel right at home. :10:

Down there thongs are what we call flip flops so I doubt it. Then again that would be interesting.

Flip Flops use to be called Thongs here in the US too.....

Hope you are having a great time Fairy.

Yeah, the depression era must have been a crazy time.

and confusing times, as well. imagine you are stepping on something that ought to have been on your ass.

fairy :hugs: im glad you are having a great time. the almitys are indeed cool (i've heard!) :D

Had an awesome shore dive in Sydney today with the Almitys. At Kurnell which is in Botany Bay. The wife says it was the third worst dive she ever had but to me, I'm used to pea soup vis in NJ and it was heaven compared to the critters we see in NJ.
Critters we saw:
1) Octopus hiding in a hole
2) Cuttlefish (YES Paula. It was real this time!!!)
3) 4 different kinds of nudies
4) Frog fish (though we call it something different because it didn't look like the frog fishes I'm used to.) It was so cute. It was gray and hiding under a rock
5) Portuguese Man of War
6) Big blue grouper (or as the Aussies say Groper)
7) Scorpion fish
8) Snowy Valute
9) Conspicuous starfish
10) and the star of the show. A weedy sea dragon. I was shocked at how big it was. About 10 inches long. I am so used to teeny tiny sea horses.

Last night Neets took me out in her little red sports car and we went driving around the city and then to a pub to see The Radiators, an 80's Aussie stoner band. We had a blast. Here is Neet's summary:
"FAIRY UPDATE...
Got the fairy home to the hills by 1230am this morning after gallavanting around the Sydney lights in the turbo shopping trolley, stopping by at the Sheaf at Double Bay to see the Radiators (80's Aussie band) play live...something like...story begins...two drunk rockers cornering the fairy before the gig started-spilling beer on her, some serious tunes were played, and we were right in the mosh pit...fairy says..."Neetski I've never seen three guys dance together"...on the way home we were acosted by guys yelling out their numbers at the lights and before screeching into the Almighties a bunch of twelve year olds were trying to pick us up at the lights...terrible..

I didn't make this morning's dive at Kurnell...don't know how the fairy did it...

I'm off now to meet them all at a wildlife park (lots of kangaroos, koalas etc) out west...where you get to touch the animals...help us...I thought that's what was happening last night..
She forgot to mention that on my way back from the ladies room some dude grabbed by butt. Stuff like that doesn't happen in the States unless I just don't get out that much any more.

The wildlife park was awesome. We got to pet kangaroos and koalas. We saw Tasmanian Devils, dingos, echidnas, wombats, casawaries (like an emu but from the Northern Territory) ghost bats, wallabies, kookaburras, and more stuff.

Tomm we do a boat dive, have a BBQ lunch, then an early Christmas dinner with the wife's family.

THANK YOU Almitys and Neets for showing the Jersey girl such an awesome time in Sydney

Back
Top Bottom