Fairbanks(Interior) divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i am not familiar with summit lake (i assume you mean the lake off the richardson hiway and not a moose pass on the seward hiway). what is it like?

Yes I am talking about the one on the Richardson Hwy. It clear and gets to be about 50 degree. I havent explored much of it yet, but there are some cracks from the earthquake we had a few years ago, and also the viz is up to around 40 feet. I plan on exploring more of the lake this summer, to find more geographic intresting spots. Test the Waters does thier Altitude, and deep diver certifications there. If you dive from the old lodge parking lot, you can hit 50' easily. There is suppose to be a few spots that hit almost 200'.

i am not familiar with summit lake (i assume you mean the lake off the richardson hiway and not a moose pass on the seward hiway). what is it like?

thank you. I may have to give that a try this summer, assuming we have a summer this summer.

thank you. I may have to give that a try this summer, assuming we have a summer this summer.

I plan on doing some exploring and mapping of the lake this summer, If I can find a few good "trails" to take people on I will be glad to meet you down there. Currently it is a shot in the dark, but I know there are some interesting things to be found. It would be nice if a plane just happened to be thrown into the lake, or a big boat happened to sink:)

I plan on doing some exploring and mapping of the lake this summer, If I can find a few good "trails" to take people on I will be glad to meet you down there. Currently it is a shot in the dark, but I know there are some interesting things to be found. It would be nice if a plane just happened to be thrown into the lake, or a big boat happened to sink:)

Sounds intriguing. thank you for the generous offer. I would be pleased to join up with you at the lake to do some diving and exploring. I usually go to Fairbanks during the summer and taking a side trip to Summit sounds like fun. Please keep me posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom