Fair price for used HP 130s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really don't think the 3442 psi tanks like the current HP130's were available 12 years ago. Something smells fishy here. Maybe the seller doesn't really know what he has! :shakehead:

I really don't think the 3442 psi tanks like the current HP130's were available 12 years ago. Something smells fishy here. Maybe the seller doesn't really know what he has! :shakehead:

This seems to be the case more often than not, esp when buying from non-scuba related boards. You email/call and you ask a 'simple' question - and you end up totally confused. More evident when you buy from someone who starts the ad with 'tanks have not been used for X years' or 'X years old but like new'.

I have gotten the most curious answers to latest hydro dates (people have no clue how to read the tank necks). When I have asked if the tanks are Al or steel, it's not uncommon to get the answer:" They are metal". Oh boy. A lot of people also think it's great if the tanks have been stored full of gas. "Ready to dive!"

In these cases you might get a bargain but it also makes you wonder what might have happened to the tanks during the years of non-use if the owner was so clueless. This far I have passed several clueless deals though because sellers generally think that they can get a lot of money for very old tanks just because they only dove them a couple of times or "ex-husband said they were expensive when he bought them"

Yeah, I got the same thing. Seems WAY too steep for 12 year old 80s when you can get them for less than that new on LP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom