Fair price for used equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One point on keeping a set as a loaner for anyone who figures this is a good idea...once you have a complete back-up set STOP! I think I have 4 sets now LOL! My back-up's back-up has a back-up :rolleyes:
Ber :lilbunny:

Slacker. Including my wife's gear and a set I loan to my daughter, I think I'm up to 13 sets. That includes a couple sets that sit unassembled in storage as backup to the backup backups.

Now Ber, that's no fun. Shees, I have 4 double hoses and still keep my eye out for more.....never know when some floppy eared diver might want to borrow one. :)

FBB
You'll find someone to buy the reg. The Beuchat 2nd stage is an Apeks TX.

If the value is too low for ebay/shipping, put em on Craigslist.

... Craig's list is cheap, but the results are rarely any good.

Just want to disagree with this. :)

I've had wonderful results with Craigslist. In fact, I just sold my nitro RC Airplanes (going electric :wink: ) on there Friday within 10 hours. :)

If nothing else, the price is definitely right and it can't hurt at all to try.

There are at least quite a few SCUBA listings here in the Nashville area.

Give it a shot!

Brandon

didn't mean to step away, there, just got caught up in, well... diving :wink:

I have been in a 'decutter' frenzy, so I hadn't thought about keeping the gear, but that seems like it could be the best solution. I've never had any problems with it, I just feel like I'm not as comfortable with it as my other dive partners seem to be with their gear, (I bought this set when I first started diving and knew squat. I know ever so slightly more now...). So I thought, maybe time to get something new, a little more trim in the water, travel friendly, etc.

I've been watching my local craigslist, and have been surprised how little scuba stuff ends up on it in our area. But if you're in the market for a surfboard...

thanks again for the responses!

Back
Top Bottom