fair price for scuba gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

russvl

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi my name is russ and i hope im in the right place...i had to give up diving here a few years ago, i became insulin depedent and well diving seems to be out of my leauge right now..here is my problem i have all my dive gear up for sale, a cousin of mine is asking prices..i have posiden "bechauts" regs, dont know if the spelling is right, plus the hoses and everything else. I also have two b/cs one i paid 175.00 5 years ago, used it once didnt like it,its a back inflator, the other is a tech b/c its red and for the life of me i cant remember the name, i do know the plate and webbing cost me 200.00...can anybody give me a fair price on what you think i should offer him? the regs are the ones the navy used back in 99...i got them because i did a lot of cold water diving...here is my e-mail russvll@yahoo.com, thanks i apprecaite any info..anybody can offer:shakehead:

when the gear is less than 3 yrs old and in "like new" condition going rate I would accept is 1/2 of what it was brand new..any older either it would have to be free as in a gift or maybe 20% of new price if in mint condition and recently (past 6 months) serviced.Used gear has little value, as it costs so much to service you often are better of buying new.

The actual question is, what do you want to get out of it? Based on what you describe (and the description data are somewhat sparse), I would say $500 for the lot. And, if he talks you down to $400, that would still work for me.

I good tip is to go to sites like Amazon, do a search, and see what the same or similar equipment is going for.

hi my name is russ and i hope im in the right place...i had to give up diving here a few years ago, i became insulin depedent and well diving seems to be out of my leauge right now..here is my problem i have all my dive gear up for sale, a cousin of mine is asking prices..i have posiden "bechauts" regs, dont know if the spelling is right, plus the hoses and everything else. I also have two b/cs one i paid 175.00 5 years ago, used it once didnt like it,its a back inflator, the other is a tech b/c its red and for the life of me i cant remember the name, i do know the plate and webbing cost me 200.00...can anybody give me a fair price on what you think i should offer him? the regs are the ones the navy used back in 99...i got them because i did a lot of cold water diving...here is my e-mail russvll@yahoo.com, thanks i apprecaite any info..anybody can offer:shakehead:

hey guys thanks for all the feedback i apprecaite it. i did some research the regs were listed at 800.00 brand new, and im thinking that 400 would be a fair price for the gear...thanks again! sure do hate giving up diving, but who knows what the future will bring..happy fathers day to all

I can put you in a brand new regulator for less than that..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom