Failure Combinatorics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget to add lost mask, cut guide line, left post roll off, run away inflator (dry suit and wing), lost deco gas and light failure to the possible failure list. Now enumerate all of the possible scenarios and the "answers" so you don't have to "think".

J

Don't forget to add lost mask, cut guide line, left post roll off, run away inflator (dry suit and wing), lost deco gas and light failure to the possible failure list. Now enumerate all of the possible scenarios and the "answers" so you don't have to "think".

J

I guess I wasn't clear. The point was to go over what could happen with the major failures that reduce your gas resources on the bottom. Without being comfortable with those, then the additional stressors are just going to cause total chaos. If the team is comfortable with the easily foreseeable stuff then they'll have a lot more bandwidth to deal with other surprises.

IMO it's also important to identify your own predispositions.

Some folks act very instinctively and rationally (i.e. better in unanticipated / un-drilled situations) other folks tend to make things to complicated and react slowly or inappropriately in situations they haven't had significant practice in.

These are items to learn about yourself and adjust reactions accordingly. I'd say that it's also important to learn these things about team members to understand why someone may be reacting slightly differently than you may expect.

Just my $0.02

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom