Factory second DUI dry suits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting thread!! If you got one of the suits without the bag, boots or whatever else, I would think that it would be possible to call DUI and get what you need, even the bag.

crpntr133:
Interesting thread!! If you got one of the suits without the bag, boots or whatever else, I would think that it would be possible to call DUI and get what you need, even the bag.

Yep you can, got a free DUI drysuit bag last weekend at LIDS{London International Dive Show}

Just wanted to report back. Picked up a CLX450 for $928. New, seals uncut, with old zipper, mfr'd in 2001. Even as a factory second, not the most economical drysuit. But much better than $1600 for a non factory second version.

Planning on getting it wet this weekend, so wish me luck with trimming the seals.

ae3753:
Just wanted to report back. Picked up a CLX450 for $928. New, seals uncut, with old zipper, mfr'd in 2001. Even as a factory second, not the most economical drysuit. But much better than $1600 for a non factory second version.

Planning on getting it wet this weekend, so wish me luck with trimming the seals.
Congrats on the suit...... what when where and how!!!
Post all the details so that others can share in you great purchase. Hope that your as happy with yours as I was with mine.
Went down to the south coast of England on Thursday, ended up being the only one on the boat not shivering/damp or wet...5 degrees centergrade water kinda does that to some folk.
Don't trim your seals back to much, seen it done once or twice and the end result ain't pretty.
Maybe you could post us a pic or 2???

Don't over trim the seals. It's easy to trim them too much - voice of experience. Trim them only a little and leave them real tight. Get yourself a tube of 'personal lube' and use it on the wrist seals prior to shoving your hand through. Works great. (Of course, when you and four of your dive buddies show up at the drugstore counter each clutching a tube of personal lube and a sixpack, the face of the young girl behind the cash register gets redder and redder as she rings up each guys purchases! :D )

Factory seconds are ok if you get them from the right source. If you contace dui they can give you a list of their authorized resellers. You can save your self some valuable cash. You can also ask them for their custom measuring chart and find out if that suit would fit you after you measure yourself. My personal opinion my custom fit dry suit is so comfy

Picked up the suit from DiveUS, an authorized reseller, via eBay. As suggested, I contacted DUI with the serial numbers, and they were able to tell me that the suit was not stolen and when it was originally mfr'd. The suit was a stock size, which I fit well from previous rentals.

I agree, a custom suit would indeed be much nicer. The legs and arms could be shortened a couple of inches. But the costs were just a little too high for me. And since I've never owned a custom suit, I don't know what I'm missing :p

Here's the picture from the auction. It looks just like that, in the DUI box. Oh, it also came with new rock boots and inflator hose.

And thanks for the info on trimming the seals. Definitely going to go slow.

ae3753:
Picked up the suit from DiveUS, an authorized reseller, via eBay. As suggested, I contacted DUI with the serial numbers, and they were able to tell me that the suit was not stolen and when it was originally mfr'd. The suit was a stock size, which I fit well from previous rentals.

I agree, a custom suit would indeed be much nicer. The legs and arms could be shortened a couple of inches. But the costs were just a little too high for me. And since I've never owned a custom suit, I don't know what I'm missing :p

Here's the picture from the auction. It looks just like that, in the DUI box. Oh, it also came with new rock boots and inflator hose.

And thanks for the info on trimming the seals. Definitely going to go slow.

Nice suit,
glad that the little things I said earlier were of some use. See ya arround:D

AE3753,
Good job! Im shure you will be happy with it. The deals at DiveUS are hard to beat. What did you do for thermal protection? Did you go for the factory second Polartec 300 from DiveUS? Thats a good deal too!

SCUBA_Phil:
AE3753,
Good job! Im shure you will be happy with it. The deals at DiveUS are hard to beat. What did you do for thermal protection? Did you go for the factory second Polartec 300 from DiveUS? Thats a good deal too!
ya! what he said... I also bought from diveus, via ebay. got a sweet thinsulate super thick jumpsuit for $130.00 plus shipping, (genuine dui) Even came with the original sales rack sticker that was marked, $499.00!! When my wife saw that,I wasn't in AS much trouble!! Then i also bought some drygloves too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom