Factory Reconditioned OLY 5050...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a good website http://www.resellerratings.com/reseller_list.pl?sort=name
to lookup the seller before you buy from them. I looked up a seller I was going to buy a cam at for an awsome price, turns out only like 2% of people actually get their product! Then it went on to say they had three different names and 3 different web sites! (sorry wish I could remember their names) Anyway always check them out before you buy. I hold a lot of faith in what other buyers say....I guess we all do that's why were here!

I just bought a factory reconditioned Oly 5050 with all the standard accessories and such from beachcamera.com for $379 -- and it just arrived in immaculate condition. Couldn't be more pleased. FYI -- it took two days to arrive, and they were very professional and helpful through the ordering process, and very quick to reply to my inquiries.

I just bought a new C5050 from my local compusa. I asked my corporate sales rep about these and he didnt think they still carried them since they now have the 5060. Seems that they had one in their clearance shelf which he sold me for $449. I could have maybe saved a few bucks online, but I was able to get the instant gratification of picking it up in person. Also bought the compusa 3 year warranty for $49.

Now for the PT-015 housing, it seems that one of the lowest priced online retailers has these for about $149 and they are about a 30 minute drive south of me. I'll have to pay sales tax (as I did on the camera), but at least no shipping charges and again - instant gratification of getting it right now).

I'll get to play with these in the pool later this week..

I just bought an "excellent -" Oly 5050Z from KEH. Everything else was included (remote, batteries, charger, original box, and all paperwork (excluding the manual which came on a homemade CD - the apearant reason for the excellent minus). I was very pleased with the service and product.

Buydig.com has new ones for 429, and I have heard really good things about them. Mine 2 months ago was 469.

Travis

I just purchased a new Oly 5050 form Buydig.com for $439 and I am very happy with it. It came in the Oly box (not a plain box) and had all the accessories (batteries , charger,cables, software, etc.) with it. I ordered it on-line on Sat. and I recieved the camera on Wed. I did not purchase any of the "packages" they offered and they sent the camera without any problems.

A couple of weeks ago I bought my Oly 5050 from buydig.com for $429 and they threw in free shipping - it wasn't advertised and I didn't ask...must have gotten the right guy. Said 7 -9 days...ordered on Monday arrived Thursday. Very happy. All intact, all new and shiny!

Guy on phone did ask if I needed anything else and when I said no thank you, he said thank you very much, let us know if we can help in the future and enjoy the camera.

Bought housing from B&H - excellent, no fuss, no frills service.

Worked for me. Good luck!

Same story here. No problems with my 5050 I bought from Olympus America thru Ebay.

Good luck in finding the best price!

mwpowell:
I recently bought a refurbished C5050 from Olympus America. No problems.

mike

between me and 5 friends, we have 7 oly 5050s. 3 of them have requried warrantee repair, mine twice. OK, this was all when the cameras were new on the market, maybe they had assembly line bigs that have been worked out. But a refurb has a 90 day warrantee, a normal camera has a 1 year. I'd go for the new one.

Hey, price drop...

buydig.com has the 5050 for $409 now...

Back
Top Bottom