Fabulous February Singles Scubadiving Fling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverlady once bubbled...

My GOD!! The water's going to be that hot!! That's like soup!!

Yep - I'm Canadian!

Diverlady

for the record - I was diving a 4mil wetsuit in water 57F.
No problemo!!

Yeah, I'll do 57 F, with my 1 mil skin, 3 mil long, 3 mil short all layered, and a neoprene beanie. Yep - I'm Texan.

Just spoke with one of the Key Largo D-Operators I like, and he said to expect water around 75 F :fire: but cooler at depth. And those wrecks are fun dives, good viz thanks to the Gulf Stream. Could be a current, part of the fun! :google:

don

dandydon once bubbled...

Yeah, I'll do 57 F, with my 1 mil skin, 3 mil long, 3 mil short all layered, and a neoprene beanie. Yep - I'm Texan.

Just spoke with one of the Key Largo D-Operators I like, and he said to expect water around 75 F :fire: but cooler at depth. And those wrecks are fun dives, good viz thanks to the Gulf Stream. Could be a current, part of the fun! :google:

don

I'm just giving you all a hard time. Warm water would be a nice change, I'm sure!

Diverlady

the weather in FL is unpredictable in Feb, but last year it was cold by my native standards. I would like to be included in this "Singles" dive if there is still room.
Let me know if you need help with dive locations, etc.
thank you.:wink:

:teach: Now hear this

Spoke with the WRECK WENCH, and - aside from taking care of her mom's needs, work, and real life - she's playing catching up on nailing down all the details for this group trip. She wants to offer choices between Florida and Mexcio...

But she needs some feedback from you quickly: :huh:

Would you rather have a dive package based on 2 dives a day or 3??

I like 4 a day myself, but then - I'd miss out on a lot of the non-diving stuff. And with a crazy :dazzle: bunch of single divers from all over, maybe I should plan on more surface time.

So, either post your preferences here ASAP, or PM the W.Wench. Otherwise she'll need to develop a plan without your input...

thanks, don :boogie:

dandydon once bubbled...
:teach: Now hear this

Spoke with the WRECK WENCH, and - aside from taking care of her mom's needs, work, and real life - she's playing catching up on nailing down all the details for this group trip. She wants to offer choices between Florida and Mexcio...

But she needs some feedback from you quickly: :huh:

Would you rather have a dive package based on 2 dives a day or 3??

I like 4 a day myself, but then - I'd miss out on a lot of the non-diving stuff. And with a crazy :dazzle: bunch of single divers from all over, maybe I should plan on more surface time.

So, either post your preferences here ASAP, or PM the W.Wench. Otherwise she'll need to develop a plan without your input...

thanks, don :boogie:

My $0.02, If I'm flying - I'm there to dive... I vote three (or more) dives a day... (I assume you mean a two tank morning trip, and a one tank afternoon,....) Plenty of surface time to yack (hmmm, bad choice of words given some folks propensity for sea-sickness) on the boat...

Have to make it worth the airfare from the west coast.

My .02,

Dave

In regards to the trip I would say two a day would be it for me, then again who knows. I'm still very much a newbie to diving so much so that I'm doing my check outs this coming weekend, but if others wanted to do more afterwards I can just sit back and relax or maybe choose to do more... have to wait and see.

Also I'm probably more interested in a 4 day trip as I don't have a lot of vacation time since I just started with a new company in October.

D

Sham_ba_la once bubbled...
...if others wanted to do more afterwards I can just sit back and relax or maybe choose to do more... have to wait and see.

D

I'm sure you did not intend on being a royal pain, but this is a good example of how to make a group outing totally impossible :loopy: to plan. Okay, you're new, so you may not understand the needs more obvious to some; let me expand a bit here to make a point for all.

There's some very expensive boats, and some certified and experienced professionals, to be booked - real :$: high dollor commitments to make one way or the other. And everyone wants :$$: the lowest buck spent. "Have my cake and eat it, too" has no history of working.

Inspector#2 onced bubbled...
Have to make it worth the airfare from the west coast.

My .02,

Dave

Yes sir, got that. :togo: Look, the obvious is pretty obvious. The W.WENCH is one of the most intelligent people on the board, and she already knew that. I guess I'm not a :dunce: dummie, as I knew that. No pity from me, though; I drop a tousand or two every time I go diving.

The WENCH is trying to organize a fun time, board group thing - not sell a business. Support and answers are what she needs to make this work. Window shopping just causes confusion, and she has enough of that already.

So, those who would like to help out, please post here or PM her. Others please standby quietly.

My apologies is I've been rash here. Please forgive...

thanks, don

dandydon once bubbled...

I'm sure you did not intend on being a royal pain, but this is a good example of how to make a group outing totally impossible :loopy: to plan. Okay, you're new, so you may not understand the needs more obvious to some; let me expand a bit here to make a point for all.

There's some very expensive boats, and some certified and experienced professionals, to be booked - real :$: high dollor commitments to make one way or the other. And everyone wants :$$: the lowest buck spent. "Have my cake and eat it, too" has no history of working.

DandyDon, you are correct I had no intention of being a pain for anyone much less a Royal Pain as you referenced.. either way I only made that statement because I would like to go, but don't want to stand in anyone else's way at the same time. I also realize the cost is not cheap and didn't expect it to be mere pennies.... I am very new to diving and won't have a lot of experience before hand on doing several dives in one day and with the weather getting cooler in the next few months I won't be venturing off to the lakes/diving parks much until the spring so that's why I said what I did....either way with all of that in mind I'm going to back off of this whole thing and wait until some other time..

D

Sorry Don,

You have no right to tell anyone to "standby quietly."

While you have some valid points, I wonder why you are assuming the task of organizing discussion in this thread. WW is organizing a trip. Don't you think it would work better if you'd step back and let her organize it.

Back
Top Bottom