Fabulous February Singles Scubadiving Fling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter once bubbled...
Sorry Don,

You have no right to tell anyone to "standby quietly."

While you have some valid points, I wonder why you are assuming the task of organizing discussion in this thread. WW is organizing a trip. Don't you think it would work better if you'd step back and let her organize it.

Yes sir - I apologize again, in addition to "My apologies is I've been rash here. Please forgive... " Feared I was being pushy.

Think I need to to go home sick anyway.

thanks, don

Come on now, don't give Dandydon too hard of a time for what he said, I have no hard feelings on anything...

I do think he had some valid points and I certainly don't want to get in anyone's way of having a good time on a trip... :) Besides if some want to do 3-4 dives per day that's great, me I'll stick with 2 until I get a lot more experience and wait for another trip.

D

He does have valid points, but the bottom line is WW is dealing with the resorts. She knows what is possible, Don doesn't. Let WW handle it and respond as appropriate. Everyone interested in going on the trip can let their wishes be known. WW will put together the best trip she can. Everyone will sign on or not based on what is offered and their preferences/availablity. In my experience, group trips work better when not put together by committee. It's never possible to please everyone.

Walter once bubbled...
He does have valid points, but the bottom line is WW is dealing with the resorts. She knows what is possible, Don doesn't. Let WW handle it and respond as appropriate. Everyone interested in going on the trip can let their wishes be known. WW will put together the best trip she can. Everyone will sign on or not based on what is offered and their preferences/availablity. In my experience, group trips work better when not put together by committee. It's never possible to please everyone.

I agree.. and doing a lot of things by a committee never works because there is no way to make everyone happy... that would be more of a headache than anything.

D

as for me most likely i would be driving or riding with someone from the dallas area to FL if thats were it will be.

as for diving if im going to be there for the week i would like 4 days of diving, plus a night dive or two. to me that would be enough diving to have fun, but also leave time for the group to have fun.

Dan.

WW you need help with a trip logo ?????? or shirts ?

I am soooooo sorry everyone that I have not been able to lock this trip down as desired. Aside from the closing(s) for my mother's homes both in Idaho and Texas STILL being in limbo despite her whole home being packed up and almost loaded on the van...I'm very close but have not completely finalized the details on the trip as I had hoped.

Several factors I had not originally considered...

1. Feb 14th thru the 21st (President's Day) means more people flying REGARDLESS of where we do the trip which means less options for cheap airfare.
2. The best dates in this timeframe are end of Jan timeframe; end of Feb timeframe or very very early March.
3. The issue of 3 dives vs. 2 may go away as I will have some 3 dive days and allow the option of adding a third dive wherever possible. Therefore you can dive as little or as much as you want!

As for new divers and old divers.....regardless of where we go we will have divers paired up with other divers of similar experience. Boats typically hold 6-8 divers so this will not be a problem.

And finally....please forgive me for pushing Don so hard as I've had him checking into numerous dive operators for me on our board as well as hotel operators from the search functions the board provides. So not only has he researched for me practically every dive operator (or so it seems) in Florida...ok just the Keys... and Cozumel...he has read all of your comments on them to ensure we don't chose someone people have complained about....in fact it has been so many so that I think I pushed him over the edge. :(

PLEASE FORGIVE ME....normally I would have done it all myself but the magnitude of it all coupled with the problems I've had with my mom's move has necessitated me taking his help when he so graciously offered. Just didn't know I would cause him to crack....(I thought that just happened to my ex-boyfriends! Oh I didn't really say that did I????) :wink:

And finally....to all of you who have PM'd me about my mom.....THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH! We will still make this trip happen....and we will have a ball! That I know!!! Good things come for those who work for it so we should have a GREAT trip here shortly!!!

I do want to thank Don for all his support and efforts to help me get the behind the scenes stuff done so we end up with an awesome trip....as well as everyone for being so patient! Thank you all.... WW

Oh I forgot to mention that it doesn't matter if you want the trip to be 4 nights/3 days diving or 7 nights/5 days diving because part of why it is taking so long is that I am negotiating the option of both meaning you can stay either 4 nights or 7 nights and still be part of the whole group! The only assumption I'm making is that we will have about 15-20 people with about half staying 4 nights and half staying 7 nights.

The pricing seems like it is working out fairly decent so far...just making sure we don't sacrafice quality for price....AND we still end up having a great dive trip for everyone on it REGARDLESS of whether you stay all week or just part of it.

So be thinking of who you want to room with....the best pricing is of course for double occupancy...and those who know me know I'm very good at matching up roommates so don't worry if you don't know anyone.....yet!!! ww

The WRECK WENCH is pretty much unavailable today and tomorrow, and - for anyone who may have subscribed to this thread - she asked me to convey that she open a new one on this.

After all of the delays, obstacles, challenges, setbacks, and confusion - the WW finally pulled the plan together, and DID SHE EVER!! It looked like we were going to Florida, and I was hoping we'd get lucky with a warm week (they do get winter there sometimes :cold: ), but she pulled off a much better deal in Always Warm Cozumel! Nice looking divers resort, sounds-great dive operator, and what great prices! :$$: Go ahead and skip to her announcement here if you'd like, but maybe don't book your reservation until Friday or Saturday - as her booking site is still under construction:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t40404/s.html

And, I promise to behave myself

thanks, don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom