Faber tanks-what size are these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With Faber, the M8303 is the US DOT code for Faber, the 87/ is the year manufactured. /9008 is the production code and the 178 & 185 are the number it was produced in the series.

I do understand having that requirement for selling an out of hydro tank, but i feel that it is better, and easier, to just have them done first and build the cost into the sale that way the buyer will have no reservations or doubts.

Get them requalified before selling as they will sell easier. DO NOT get a dive visual inspection. It is a redundant inspection as requalification includes a hydro and visual inspection. The other reason that who knows what someone may do when they get them like O2 clean and double them up.

For the requal, go directly to your local fire extinguisher refiller that does hydros or a similar shop (beverage selling CO2, etc). Skip the dive shop as they typically tack on their $$ for the convenience for sending the cylinder to the same place (not that I blame them).

DOT 3AA 2400 87/9008 178 M8303 FABER ITALY

DOT = Dept of Transportation

3AA == Steel

2400 == Working Pressure

87/ == year made

9008 == batch number

178 == number in batch

M8303 == mfg id.

FABER == mfg.

ITALY == country of mfg.

there should also be a hydro date(s) with the first being XX/87+

the plus means they can be over filled by 10%

they sounds like LP95s which means they contain 95cuft when filled to 2640psi (2400psi + 10%).

www.bluesteelllc.com

Get them requalified before selling as they will sell easier. DO NOT get a dive visual inspection. It is a redundant inspection as requalification includes a hydro and visual inspection. The other reason that who knows what someone may do when they get them like O2 clean and double them up.

Doing a VIP after the hydro gives someone a chance to see if the hydro facility properly dried the tank. Trust, but verify.

The O2 clean is really overkill (although I prefer it) but it does prove that the valve is in decent shape as it must be disassembled, cleaned and reassembled.

Richard

just had the tansk vis and hydro---good to go, retty confident they are 95s heres a pic,going to post now, mike
DSC08075.JPG

Back
Top Bottom