EZDIVE Standby Scuba Diving Air Balanced Second Stage Regulator Octopus: Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey gang,

A month or two ago I was sent an EZDIVE Standby Scuba Diving Air Balanced Second Stage Regulator Octopus for review. It comes with a yellow braided hose (not Myflex) and in a nice box.

1433785231009-P-2700747.jpg

If it looks like a HOG regulator to you, well as best I can tell, it's the same reg only under a different name. Guess what? It breathes like a HOG reg as well, which makes it an excellent choice for both rec and tec divers. I only have dove it 12 times so far, and it performed flawlessly, just as I thought it would.

The best part is the price. I lists for $124, but you can get it for $105 with free shipping by using the code EZDIVEYY. Here's the link: EZDIVE Standby Scuba Diving Air Balanced Second Stage Regulator Octopus

Reactions: RJP
Does the similarity extend to internals and things like rebuild kits?

Does the similarity extend to internals and things like rebuild kits?

You may be able to match the o-rings and use a Trident replacement seat. However it would be nice if they added rebuild kits to the site.

It comes with a yellow braided hose (not Myflex) and in a nice box.

Who ever thought we would see the day when that was a feature that would warrant advertising:confused:

They also offer a BP 1st stage that looks like a Mk10 design.

Origin and support are not very clear but I did find this:

201408261408171119.jpg

Is competition bad?
I don't understand the question. Is what competition bad and with whom? Both Zeagle and Dive Rite have sold this reg in the past with just a few minor changes. I've met and dove with the manufacturer here in the Keys. It's a great reg at a more than fair price.

Back
Top Bottom