EZ heat reusable warmers and mitts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vetdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Apologies in advance if this is a silly question, but as we're headed into winter, and I'd rather not have my dives limited to 30 minutes, I wanted to ask...does anyone know if the reusable warmers (those that you reactivate by boiling) will work in semi-dry mitts? A guy at work told me they used to sell them in a dive shop he frequented, but that was all he knew about them.

I know, I know - I should buy some damned dry gloves...but I don't want to, at least not yet...I did buy additional long underwear for under my regular undergarments this year, so that will help a bit.

Thanks - Alllison

The reusable warmers are not affected by immersion, as long as the plastic case is intact. However, they harden as they heat, so they are not very practical to use in gloves, where you want flexibility.

I was seriously thinking about a large one to wrap around my waist for heating, but discarded that idea for the same reason.

Ive done a lot of research and understand the Poseidon Mitts sold in Europe are some of the best for ice diving.

I use a huge one that fits on my back and over my kidneys. This thing is awesome and highly recommended! The burn time on it at depth is only about 35min in a wetsuit though. On land they last well over an hour.

I aggree that in mits they would not allow you to grasp anything at all. Maybe you could shove a jellyfish in your glove.. you would no longer notice the cold...

Back
Top Bottom