Extremely short-notice trip help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like I posted, look at flights to either Aruba or Curacao and then jump over to Bonaire. Thru Curacao will be cheaper and more often - up to almost 8PM IIRC. Some of the Insel flights continue on to Bonaire from Curacao. Insel also flies out of MIA, not sure of the days.

You might call someone at Caradonna Dive Adventures for options tomorrow also. They have more current availability than we do. Their fees are often paid by the resort.

The flights to Curacao depart on Saturday and arrive on Sunday:depressed:
I'll add Caradonna to to my call list. Thanks for the suggestion

That's not good. I had them bookmarked for a future trip consideration.

Wow two days to flight time. Hope you can find air fares ok. Plane tickets get silly close to flight time. The best place to find fares is NOT an airline site as they will jerk you around. Kayak.com is great.

The northeast will be recovering from the blizzard for a long time too, rebooking travelers.

Last edited:
For such a short trip, this time of year, I would say go to Playa del Carmen and dive the cenotes! Fly into Cancun, get rental car and drive down. It is really cheap, and yeah, I know it is Mexico, but it isn't the ocean....

watch a few videos:
[vimeo]4077653[/vimeo]
this one is mine, sorry didn't get any underwater video, only photos

videos by ORM:
[vimeo]18730840[/vimeo]

video by Mike Meagher:
[vimeo]3897218[/vimeo]

these are not dives for beginners, but as long as you have good skills, a guide will take you. We used Nicholas at Cenote Experience, but there are others that get good recommendations, too. Some dive ops offer nice packages for hotel and diving, too. This is the perfect time to dive the cenotes as the jungle is not as humid, and the bugs aren't as bad.

robin:D

Little Cayman Island Beach Resort - some of the best diving in the Caribbean and fits your budget.

+1---along as US cold fronts are not around....

Little Cayman Beach Resort is sold out. I rang back Cobalt Coast after doing some math (my numbers didn't match). They had incorrectly quoted the price by +$130. I was shocked that they charge $100/day single supplement for a "Garden View" room, which I hear isn't really garden view, and isn't even listed on their web site.

I'm waiting for a return call from Sunset House.

Calling Cardonna next.....

Sunset House called back and they have availability. They will also upgrade me to an ocean view room for the cost of a courtyard ($1685). However, this only includes breakfast daily. I'm estimating that lunch & dinner will cost around $40/day.

Back
Top Bottom