Extra hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum

Dive Bum Wannabe
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a LP hose on my Sherwood Blizard for my drysuit. It looks like a warm water trip may be in our future. Should I rig a lidttl bungee to tuck the hose down near a cam band or remove it for the trip.

I'm torn between diving with an extra failure point and messing with the rig.

I hope to lag a dozen or more dives on the trip.

Pete

Pete it takes all of 10 seconds to remove that LP hose and plug the hole in the first stage,,,,,on the other hand I dive occ. a wetsuit in the winter and just tie back to the cam my drysuit hose.

I know diddly about Sherwoods, but I occasionally borrow a drysuit from a friend. I just take out the LP plug with an allen wrench and attach the drysuit hose. When I'm done I just take off the drysuit hose and put the plug back in. The hose, wrench and allen wrench are all in my SaD kit.

If you don't have the plug for the LP port ask around, I think they are fairly standard for most regs at 3/8" but again I know jack about the one you have.

spectrum:
I have a LP hose on my Sherwood Blizard for my drysuit. It looks like a warm water trip may be in our future. Should I rig a lidttl bungee to tuck the hose down near a cam band or remove it for the trip.

I'm torn between diving with an extra failure point and messing with the rig.

I hope to lag a dozen or more dives on the trip.

Pete

LOL~~ Pete, It sound like you are so lazy.... You have a scuba tool, haven't you?:wink:

If you really don't want to do that, the final option is to buy another regulator for the warm water set up.
Actually, I bought another set only for the single rig......

Okay okay give me a break!:D

I put the darned hose on there I know I can remove it in a jiffy.

Thanks,
Pete

The key component in a LP inflator hose is normally just a regular schrader valve. They are pretty low tech and if they fail at all it would be a slow dribble of a leak.

In my opinon the "risk" of having the other hose long on the trip is minimal as is about equal to the risk of damaging an o-ring swapping it back and forth. I'd leave it and not worry about - just tuck the end under a cam band on the non-dry suit dive trip.

swankenstein:
I leave mine on mostly because of the funny looks from the crew and other passengers. I tell them that where I'm from, everybody dives with a redundant bc hose or that it's a new low-profile octopus ("what, you've never seen one before?").

I suppose I could carry a blow gun in my BC pocket and use it for shooting my SMB.

swankenstein:
I leave mine on mostly because of the funny looks from the crew and other passengers. I tell them that where I'm from, everybody dives with a redundant bc hose or that it's a new low-profile octopus ("what, you've never seen one before?").

Yea, when is breathing from a BC hose going to be standard in OW classes...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom