Extended Visa options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

32.gif

I have been coming to the Philippines for the past five years for various lengths of stays. I have used both the 59 day Visa in advance method and the 21 automatic stay followed by a 38 day extension.

My most recent extension about one month ago was for my 21 day arrival extending me 38 days from the end of the 21 days NOT the date I obtained the estension.

Russ_UK the 59 day advance Visa is best for you since you will not be near an Immigration office to extend your 21 day stay. If you have the time download the application and mail it (with prepaid return postage) with the required photo, passport and documents to the Philippine Consulate or Embassy closest to you. That way you don't have to deal with any entities in-country.

Certain travel agents are authorized to obtain extensions for you. They charge a fee and simply take your passport and application to Immigration for you if time permits. It is legitimate.

I do not recommend overstaying your 21 days. It reflects on you as being a "disrespectful foreigner". If you irritate an Immigration Officer you may end up on the "blacklist" and unable to return to the Philippines until they deem if and when to let you. Remember, it's their country and their rules.

Back
Top Bottom