Extended VISA needed for 29 day trip to PI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tropical Jill

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have just booked a trip to PI for 29 days (Mid October - Mid November). Now, after booking the flight I see we can stay for 21 days, but any time after that we need an extended VISA. I have read we can get an extension at travel agencies within the county after we arrive. Does anyone have experience doing this? Do most reputable travel agencies offer this service, and how long does it take? What is the cost?

I have tried numerous times to contact my closest Philippine Consulate (San Francisco) but they have not replied to my emails or phone messages.

Thanks in advance for any input.

i think there was an old thread about how easy it is to get an extension. pls do a search here on scubaboard. otherwise, someone should be here shortly to answer your question.

i got an extension while i was there last year. you can do it any time during your stay but dont wait until the last minute. i went to the Manila office near Intramuros to get it done. it only takes a couple hours, you fill out some forms, pay, then wait for the background check. if your in Manila initially that would be a good time to take care of it before you go out to PG. i dont remember the exact cost but it was under $100US.

I have just applied for and recieved a visa - I only applied for 26 days, from 10 Oct to 04 Nov, the visa they gave me lasts till 27 Nov. The remarks say "Pleasure - stay not to exceed 59 days"

Dunno if this helps - maybe just apply for a visa for the length of your stay?

i got an extension while i was there last year. you can do it any time during your stay but dont wait until the last minute. i went to the Manila office near Intramuros to get it done. it only takes a couple hours, you fill out some forms, pay, then wait for the background check. if your in Manila initially that would be a good time to take care of it before you go out to PG. i dont remember the exact cost but it was under $100US.

Thanks for the info!

What office in Manila were you refering to? Was it a travel agency or "official" agency? I read online we can do it through a travel agency. We will be in and around the Visayas, nowhere near Manila, so I am concerned.

I think I am just going to have to go in person to the consulate in SF and see what they say.

Forgot to add - I did this all through my travel agent. The local Philippines Embassy has all of the relevant application forms and info on their website.

here's the webpage for the Bureau of Immigration.

Bureau of Immigration, Philippines - VISA EXTENSION FEES (Updated!)

here's a link to offices...
Bureau of Immigration, Philippines - BI - Subport Offices

I also talked to a local travel agency when i was there and some do offer assistance. but, expect to pay more and it will take longer. they will require a copy of your passport as well.

it was quite easy to just go to the official office and deal with this.

Thanks for the info!

What office in Manila were you refering to? Was it a travel agency or "official" agency? I read online we can do it through a travel agency. We will be in and around the Visayas, nowhere near Manila, so I am concerned.

I think I am just going to have to go in person to the consulate in SF and see what they say.

If you get into a pinch. Go to the Lotus Garden Hotel in Ermita. Talk to the manager of the business center <her name is Leah>. Tell her you need an extension. Her family works in the BOI. She will turn it around overnight. I think it costs about 3000 pesos total fees.....

If you are in the Visayas, just go to any immigration office (Dumaguete, Bacolod, Cebu, Tagbilaran) before your 21-day visa expires.

You need some copied pages of your passport (both sides of the ID) plus the page with the entry stamp.

the whole procedure will not take longer than 20 minutes and cost you about 3500 peso. It will be faster and cheaper than using any agency

cheers

Rhoody

We have just booked a trip to PI for 29 days (Mid October - Mid November). Now, after booking the flight I see we can stay for 21 days, but any time after that we need an extended VISA. I have read we can get an extension at travel agencies within the county after we arrive. Does anyone have experience doing this? Do most reputable travel agencies offer this service, and how long does it take? What is the cost?

I have tried numerous times to contact my closest Philippine Consulate (San Francisco) but they have not replied to my emails or phone messages.

Thanks in advance for any input.

I have used a web site while in the U.S. to get an extended Visa. It usually costs me $140 after all the overnight postage and Consulate fees as I am in Seattle and the nearest Consulate as you say is in San Francisco.

Travel Visa Services - Priority Passports & Visa Services

I have been tempted to handle it in the Philippiines but have never been in one place long enough. I have heard that it is faster in cities other than Manila. If you do handle it yourself be sure to wear your best travel wear and be presentable.

I would recommend one travel agency in Manila - in Ermita and they have some other island locations.

filipinotravel.com

edit: not sure if they arrange visas after looking at the website but they are usually very prompt travel agency and would inquire there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom