Extended honeymoon...in Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I already have a week booked at Buddy Dive in Bonaire and my fiance and I are tossing around the idea of adding either a second week on Boanire or a week on Curacao. I don't know a whole lot about Curacao and would like to know if anyone has any recomendations on where to stay.

cstreu1026 once bubbled...
I already have a week booked at Buddy Dive in Bonaire and my fiance and I are tossing around the idea of adding either a second week on Boanire or a week on Curacao. I don't know a whole lot about Curacao and would like to know if anyone has any recomendations on where to stay.
I don't know anything about Curacao or Aruba, but I think a second week on Bonaire is too much. We were there for 12 days and I felt that was too long..

Hi. My (now) husband and I had a two week honeymoon this past November: 7 days at Plaza Resort Bonaire and 5 days at the Marriot in Curacao. We thoroughly enjoyed Bonaire and wished we had spent our entire honeymoon there. Curacao was a little too touristy for us- too many large cruise ships docking there and much less secluded than Bonaire felt. Also, we dove with Caribbean Sea Sports at the Marriot and were very disappointed with them. The dive master limited dives to 40 minutes, was rude to many divers, and did not stop to point out anything interesting-just swam past many findings. Also, the sites we went to were often polluted and did not compare to what we saw in Bonaire (but this likely has to do with the dive operation that did not want to go to sites far from the shop). I have seem other posts about Curacao that are much more positive, so our experience there may not be generalizable. If you do go to Curacao, though, I would not dive with Caribbean Sea Sports. The Marriot is gorgeous but has lots of guests. I would check out other places instead for a more romantic honeymoon. Hope this helps.

We did decide to go to Curacao. So we are doing 7 days at Buddy Dive on Bonaire and 6 days at Sunset Beach Resort in Curacao. The place is far from town and should be nice and quiet. There is a PADI dive center at the resort and we are doing two boats dives in the mornings with unlimited shore dives. If i remeber correctly they are located pretty far west on Curacao which is where I beleive the better of the dive sites to be. I spoke with the owner of a local shop that just got back from that very same resort and he had nothing but good things to say about the facilities and the diving. Now I can't wait....less than 4 months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom