Extend Deep Stops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so, on the 2007 paper, they're basically stopping right about when they start pushing an overpressurization gradient and then waiting for 2.5 minutes which is about the time it takes the blood to circulate through the lung filter. Even if all the lung filter stuff is voodoo physiology this seems to be validating the kinds of dive profiles created from the voodoo.

Can anyone become a UHMS associate (non-voting) member, or is it limited to some kind of professional relationship to diving? (e.g. they mention scuba instructors explicitly).
They let me in with very few credentials several years ago (before I was an instructor), and the application asks fewer questions now than it did then (e.g. "Are you a diver?"). I think they'd welcome you, and that you'd find membership to be worthwhile, especially if you can manage to attend the scientific meetings.

Can anyone become a UHMS associate (non-voting) member, or is it limited to some kind of professional relationship to diving? (e.g. they mention scuba instructors explicitly).

The Associates are open to anyone. Please join, I would love to see more divers in our ranks.

As a member, you have full access to the UHMS library and most other services offered by the Duke University Medical Center Library. I personally think that alone is worth being a member, if I did not work at Duke already, it would be to me anyway. Any of the papers I am not allowed to post through Rubicon can be found by working through the DUMC Library.

SPUMS may also be of interest. Their journal has historically been a little more "diver-centric".

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom