Express tech, tank too high

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got them over the strap guides. The webbing go through one slot, through the guide, then through the other slot. No movement whatsoever. Perhaps I just need to loosen the shoulders, although it seems to fit comfortably at the moment.

So, it's not adjustable? I like the freedom in movement min has. My triglides act as a "stop" in the webbing. They jam up against the slide when they get to the right position.

So, it's not adjustable? I like the freedom in movement min has. My triglides act as a "stop" in the webbing. They jam up against the slide when they get to the right position.

Mine too, I can open up the shoulder straps as wide as I like for easy entry/exit but they stop tightening (shoulder side)/ riding up as soon as it reaches the triglides.

Not quite sure I follow. Do you move the triglides when getting in/out of the harness, or do they stay in the same place the whole time? Mine are pretty much locked down (perhaps too tightly). Not going to get a chance to check it out though for a couple of weeks.

Does the express tech fit everybody else well, and I'm going rogue?

No. the trigldes are on the shoulder side of the slide, not the waist side. As you pull the belt through the slides the triglides jam into the slides, preventing the over-tightening of the shoulder straps.

A picture is worth a thousand words. All-right two pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 307
Similar, just a bit less movement. I'll try loosening the harness, although a tight crotch strap sounds a little uncomfortable, especially when wearing board shorts.

photo(2).JPG

photo.JPG

Thanks guys. Loosened the harness, tightened the crotch strap and all is now well. Felt a bit strange on the boat, but great in the water.

If I use the tri-glides on the shoulder side of the webbing but no crotch strap will I still be ok? I'm about to use my ET in the USVI and I don't have it set up with a crotch strap. I do have a metal buckle and d-rings from DSS (great gear) along with shoulder pads and a rip cord weight system. I feel like I stole the valuable simplicity away from the ET but its still light and stream-lined and I'm excited about diving with it.

If I use the tri-glides on the shoulder side of the webbing but no crotch strap will I still be ok?
Thou wilt surely die! Just kidding. You'll be totally fine without the crotch strap. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom