Exploring the idea of new fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just called the dive shop, it is the regular Sea Wing Nova they rent. They can’t get the Supernova’s yet.
Yes, they are VERY new, I doubt that anyone has them yet in the US. I am going to order them. I'll either be VERY happy or VERY displeased with them.

I love my Scuba Pro split fin jets....... Bring on the naysayers!

fhvDXNd.jpg

... I have used freediving fins for scuba which give oodles of power if you need to get from point A to point B quickly. The problem is mine are full foot and trying to shore dive with them in neoprene socks is not realistic.
I guess I’m looking for a solid fin that is fairly long but not as long as freediving fins, that has an open heel, nice foot pocket for a mens size 13 (46 Eu),
... I thought of even buying a pair of open heel freediving fins and trimming them back, has anyone ever done this?
Some of the basic historical designs seemed perfect but nobody makes anything like that anymore.
One of the former SB regulars, Dan Volker, used to recommend highly the open heel versions of DiveR fins. Volker posted about diving deep off Florida, dressed Hogarthian and pushing a full-sized video setup, covering big distances U/W quickly, as he moved around to get to sites where big fish were congregating.

For this type of diving, Dan V felt his DiveR fins were perfect.

rx7diver

@tridacna to clip them to a chest dring. see any number of pictures with military divers.

@Eric Sedletzky do you need negative fins for a drysuit? if not, the deep 6 and div.
I thought about that. OTOH, the fin straps have a much more convenient hole than the one at the tip. (The one that you grasp to pull them over your heel). Much easier to clip that onto a chest ring than the one on the tip. Also hangs better once deployed. Mystery unsolved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom