Experiences with ODC - Split from Who to dive with on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oyly

Registered
Reaction score
Here is my impression of Oahu Dive Center: Rude and distrusting, read on:

First I contacted them from home by email. Asked the usual questions, including price. They gave me a good price, with discounts for having my own equipment and being an instructor, like so many other dive centers.

The disappointment started when I had arrived at Oahu. First they didn't believe me when I said price they had quoted me earlier and they wanted me to prove that they had indeed given me that quote by presenting a printout of the email.

Then, the first day I was supposed to go diving with them, I went down to the reception of my hotel, where they should pick me up. They had told me to be there between 7.15 and 7.30. I was there from 7.00 to 7.40. I did not see anyone there who looked like they were from a dive shop. Nobody called my name. At this point I started to suspect something was wrong, so I went to the reception and asked if anyone had asked for me. It turned out a guy had been there just a few minutes ago and then left. I quickly called the dive shop in hoped they could turn back and get me. The guy who answered gave me two telephone numbers to the guy who was driving the pick up car. The first number the hotel receptionist wouldn't let me call, as it was a cell phone number... The next number turned out to be to the drivers home, where his wife answered. She then got on the cell phone to her husband. He said he would not turn back and that he wasn't emplyed by Oahu Dive Center. Rather surprised by such a reply I asked him if he didn't still have a job to do for Oahu Dive Center. Then he replied "I don't give a damn". I understood I wouldn't get anywhere with this guy, so I got back on the phone with the dive center. They were of course very sorry this happened and asked me if maybe I would like to come and dive with them tomorrow?

Of course I didn't. Instead I went with Island Divers who gave me a great time!

It would probably help if this was not your first post to SB, and you had your bio filled out...

By the way...not employed by Oahu Dive Center, nor have I ever dove with them.

Yeah, it would definitely "help/add credibility" if Oyly had a filled profile.
I do dive with Oahu Dive Center and was certified by them, and this doesn't sound like them at all. All the instructors and Dive Masters at ODC are highly professional, polite and safety is always their first concern. I simply can't imagine any off them doing something like that.

Yeah, it would definitely "help/add credibility" if Oyly had a filled profile.
I do dive with Oahu Dive Center and was certified by them, and this doesn't sound like them at all. All the instructors and Dive Masters at ODC are highly professional, polite and safety is always their first concern. I simply can't imagine any off them doing something like that.

Well, believe me or not. The way I see it when I find messages like the one I just posted on forums like this one, I believe the person who wrote it had good reason to post it. People dont usually write this stuff just for fun or other weird reasons. What I wrote is what happened, nothing more nothing less.

People: They are probably acting professional, politely and safely MOST of the time, but apparently these things also happen. Take it into consideration. I would.

Well, believe me or not. The way I see it when I find messages like the one I just posted on forums like this one, I believe the person who wrote it had good reason to post it. People dont usually write this stuff just for fun or other weird reasons.
Dude (or dudette since you have no profile), You revived a thread that's been dead for 6 months (21 pages at 15 per page - over 300 newer threads here in the Ohana) to begin your new anonymous membership with a flame. Very positive start. NOT! It sounds like you screwed up. You should have mentioned to reception that you were waiting for a ride, so they wouldn't call your room and not find you. Your post sounds more like a sock pupet (against TOS) and if so hopefully will result in you losing all privileges. :no

No, that is not what happened at all. I was the guy that was in front of your hotel from 7:10 to 7:40. I had someone else with me and we almost missed the boat because you were not there. I went to concierge 3 times trying to find you, and sat out front illegally parked. You forgot to add the fact that the guy from the shop gave you my home phone number and you were quite rude to my wife. How you saw this as my wifes fault is beyond me. So, why not tell the truth, as I got it later from the concierge. You left to get something, and returned a little late and then decided that I should turn around and come back to get you. Oh, and by the way, I was picking up someone at a nearby hotel that I met on the board, and no, I do not work for ODC as you so angrily and rudely kept suggesting to my wife.
Well, believe me or not. The way I see it when I find messages like the one I just posted on forums like this one, I believe the person who wrote it had good reason to post it. People dont usually write this stuff just for fun or other weird reasons. What I wrote is what happened, nothing more nothing less.

People: They are probably acting professional, politely and safely MOST of the time, but apparently these things also happen. Take it into consideration. I would.

Sorry oyly, but I have been diving with Oahu Dive Center for sometime. They treat me like family and have bent over backward several times to help me out:D.

It had to be miss communication or you messed up. So relax guy.

I am glad you had a good time with Island Divers.

I have nothing but awesome things to say about Oahu Dive Center:crafty:.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom