Experienced shooters: Are you considering moving from strobes to video lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The higher the lumens, the bigger the Johnson!!!!

I like my seafood to fry or grilled while I take pictures/videos of it. Slow roasted while I take its pics!!!

The higher the lumens, the bigger the Johnson!!!!

I like my seafood to fry or grilled while I take pictures/videos of it. Slow roasted while I take its pics!!!

I once spent quite a long time trying take the perfect photo of a scallop with a 60mm lens. After I got the photo, the scallop went in the bag. Must admit, it did feel a little wrong!

No experience, but building a Tg6 up. Will be using a pair of Kraken Solar Mini 15,000's.

Need to start a thread on how to be as annoying as possible with them. If you cant beat them, join them.

My setup

TG6 HERO4 SETUP.jpg

I once spent quite a long time trying take the perfect photo of a scallop with a 60mm lens. After I got the photo, the scallop went in the bag. Must admit, it did feel a little wrong!

But it did taste good, right? 😀

I do have a hard time taking pictures of an animal and then catching it on the same dive myself. I do all photo dive and no hunting or a hunting dive no photos. I don't mix the two.

If I start looking at fish and craving seafood during a photo dive, that's when I know to end the dive.

But it did taste good, right? 😀

I do have a hard time taking pictures of an animal and then catching it on the same dive myself. I do all photo dive and no hunting or a hunting dive no photos. I don't mix the two.

If I start looking at fish and craving seafood during a photo dive, that's when I know to end the dive.

Tasted bloody awesome!

Food-Scallops1.jpg

I agree though, I like to separate activities, not least because you can become encumbered with too much kit and end up failing at both endeavours. Diving has to have a point for me though. I'm either hunting with a camera or a catch bag.

Tasted bloody awesome
It looks awesome too. I am really hungry now, gotta get lunch now 🤠

Diving has to have a point for me though. I'm either hunting with a camera or a catch bag

Exactly same for me.

A light will never get the output of a strobe. I started with videolights, as I already had them. Now I use strobes and don't want to go back.
Yes, there are strobes with 30.000 lumens and more, but the price is also more than a good strobe, and another point: the weight. If you want to take it with a plane it can be a problem. Also the li-ion battery can be a problem.
So for me strobes with A4 batteries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom