Experienced Divers: What are the most common "oh, crap!" situations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Litefoot

Litefoot

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello. Thanks for letting me ask a basic question. I'm a brand new recently-certified OW diver. I know that buoyancy control may be the most important skill at this point. But my biggest fear is having a panic attack when something goes wrong. In your experience, what is the most likely problem I will face? Right now, in my limited experience, losing my mask is my biggest fear because I struggle keeping water out of my nose. Is that the answer? That is, focus my practice on those scenarios that I already know will likely induce panic. What do you say?

Note: I am reading and learning form the "What would you do?" thread that is pinned at the top of the forum.

Don’t put your wetsuit on backwards. Raise your hand if you have done this. ( my hand is raised). Zipper in back (most cases). Lol
I haven’t put my wetsuit on backwards. I have, however, put a Ghostbusters costume on backwards on top of a wetsuit. I just assumed the zipper would be on the back as well.

Ghostbusters costume was for a Halloween show at the aquarium where I volunteer.

A word of warning. An AGE (Arterial gas embolism) is possible from even those depths. Please be careful and don't stand up after taking in a full breath, better yet consciously exhale while you stand
how are you taking a breath without scuba gear on? I think you need to read his post a little more clearly.

It was a joke and a dig on snorkels...

You are making fun of snorkels, that's not nice 🙂

You are making fun of snorkels, that's not nice 🙂
I was going to look for a meme, but sometimes just marketing materials will do.

padi-open-water-scuba-course_orig.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom