Exhaust valve right next to the intake valve on the drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvrle1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just saw something that didn't make sense, so wanted to post and see if I was missing something.

Looking at the drysuit that one person is selling and it has the exhaust valve right next to the intake valve. How does this work? Shouldn't the exhaust valve be in a place where it could be the highest point so that the trapped air can escape?

Here is the link to the pics: FULL PEICE DIVING SUIT + ACCESSORIES

Thanks

If that is, in fact, the exhaust valve on the front of the chest, it will be a very large problem when diving.

I had a custom suit made where they put the valve on the front of the chest (in error) and it wasn't nearly as egregiously placed as this one. The only way I could vent the suit was go to completely vertical and lean somewhat backward, which is not a position I EVER assume when diving, even on ascent. That suit could not be recut, nor was it possible to put the dump valve where it should have been on the arm. I tried a cuff dump and wasn't very happy with it, although it did work. I sold the suit.

And it is probably as old as the flippers and oxygen tank holder that goes with it. Obviously not being sold by someone that is or was a diver.
I don't see an exhaust valve so that pretty much has to be it. I'm sure someone will come along and tell us the whole story about this suit.

It's used for Commercial Divers, who stay vertical rather then horizontal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom