EXD Backplate and Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations Chip!!! It does rub off on you doesn't it?

I've been hanging around too long on this board too and all this talk about BP/W got me calling a dive shop about an hour away from where I live. My LDS doesn't stock BP/W set-ups as far as I know. I asked them if they have one for hire and if someone can demonstrate how to use one. Unfortunately, this won't happen until I come back from holidays, but it's something that I'm looking forward to, to see what all the fuss is about.

The darkside beckons...:evilo:

greatwolf:
The darkside beckons...:evilo:
now that's what I'm talking about! :)

Try stop by the LDS's around here for the BP/W. You can ask to rent one for the duration your here. If you like it, maybe you'll want to pick one up...:browsmile

jeez chip, makes me wanna sell my Oceanic Isla already. I hate you. (lol) Im already designing my own rig in my mind. Black and lavender highlights , hed kandi art on the wing, my nick name stitched on the straps in white and lavender. OK . . . stop dreaming. hehe.

chip104:
now that's what I'm talking about! :)

Try stop by the LDS's around here for the BP/W. You can ask to rent one for the duration your here. If you like it, maybe you'll want to pick one up...:browsmile

I might just do that...but I'll need someone to teach me how to set it up. Hence the reason why I contacted a shop here. One of the managers said that he'll take me on a pleasure dive(for a fee of course), and teach me how to use one, plus if I'm up for it, help me set-up for a long-hose configuration, which I'm still hesitant in adopting. I like to take things slowly. At the end of the day, I like the way he handled the call, as I didn't feel like an idiot. Not unlike one of the managers at my LDS when I asked him about wrist mounting my computer and compass...

But I doubt that I'll purchase one from overseas. After having one of the biggest electronics manufacturers as a client, I'm a bit wary about international warrranties. I still like the convenience of being able to bring an item back to a store.

greatwolf:
One of the managers said that he'll take me on a pleasure dive(for a fee of course), and teach me how to use one,

sayang ...... we'll let you try it for fREE , that is if you were here.....

:14:

jonix:
i agree, it's a lot cheaper here

Jon, I know, it's actually very tempting to get one from there. But some LDS frown upon overseas bought items. There's always the worry that if it fails I won't be able to take it anywhere for local servicing. Actually, I shouldn't worry if it fails, as I'd be dead by then...hahaha. Plus, I still need to save up for it, this overseas trip is financially draining.

Pao, you'll never know, I might take you on that offer(kasama ba DM fees doon? just kidding bro. Well, I won't find out if I don't ask di ba?...eyebrow)

2Mix, thanks for the link. I've been to the site before, but I'd love to have someone demonstrate how to actually use one.

Dami ko talagang natututunan(ang hirap i-spell nito) sa forum na ito...pati pambababae natutunan ko na, kay Koya Caloy..:laughing:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom