EXD Backplate and Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Jon. Looked at it just now. Doesn't have any reviews, but some nice pics and simple guided explanations of their wings. Even their website adheres to the KISS principal!

chip104:
thanks jag. I like it - I'm into the whole KISS principal and it definitely follows that.

The only complaint I have about it is that the purge is at the bottom, not at the top of the bladder. Actually, that's a bad complaint cause I could just position myself looking down to release the air.

actually all back mounted bladders (including halcyons) have the 2nd dump valve on the lower right. Thats where the difference of horse shoe shape and donut wings come into play. For horse shoe wings (like the EXD) you lift your butt and roll slightly to the left to dump air, for the donut wing you roll to your left and pull.

here is the link to the OMS bladder that is the same as the EXD.

http://www.omsdive-uk.com/buoyancy.html

difference is the (1) lift capacity, OMS wings are rated at 30lbs while EXD wings are rate at 32lbs (2) the tapered bottom, which doesn't make any difference actually in terms of performance.

Axua:
actually all back mounted bladders (including halcyons) have the 2nd dump valve on the lower right. Thats where the difference of horse shoe shape and donut wings come into play. For horse shoe wings (like the EXD) you lift your butt and roll slightly to the left to dump air, for the donut wing you roll to your left and pull.

to dump air i just lift my butt up in the dive position. works fine for me

paolov:
curious has the EXD been sold?
YES. THIS THREAD IS CLOSED!
jedimind.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom