Excited Newbie from Mobile, AL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

one90proof

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings! I have wanted to dive forever and next month I'll finally get started. My 13 yr old daughter and I have signed up for SSI OW classes and we are both excited to start our adventures. Right now we are pouring over the instructional manual and DVD impatiently waiting for our chance to get wet.

I searched out this forum because I wanted to find a place where I can better educate myself on SCUBA. Since I'll be diving with my 13 yr old I feel even more compelled to ensure that I have the knowledge to keep us both safe and prepared for any situation.

I have always loved the ocean. I did get the chance to do a good deal of snorkeling when I was stationed in Hawaii a few years back. I'm still kicking myself for not getting certified during my 3.5 yrs there but at least I'm FINALLY making it happen.

One of my hopes is that sharing the SCUBA experience with my daughter now will help to keep us close during the rest of her teenage years.

Now, I'll get back to lurking and might pipe up now and then to ask a question. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences and knowledge in this forum!

Thanks!
Craig

Ahoy one90proof! Welcome to the Scuba Board!! Since we are a family oritented site, feel free to explore the site with your children present if you like. Jump in anywhere and ask questions or just leave your 2psi. :D

You may be intersted in the Scuba Board Clubs section of the board. There you can find clubs in all the major states/regions represented, coordinate meeting up for dives, getting together, trips around the state to different dive sites, and some general prattle about diving.

Another forum that may interest you is The Art of Scuba Diving. Under that heading you'll find New to Scuba, Dive into Fitness, Public Safety and many more that as you become involed with the sport may or may not interest you depending upon where your intersts grow.

Most importantly, have fun and don't feel shy to ask questions! :D

Welcome. I recently was certified and hope that my 12 year old daughter will get certified too so we can dive together. She's shown an interest but I want to take it slow.

The folks here are very helpful so ask away.

Howdy Craig!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

:D

Back
Top Bottom