Excited about vinegar to remove water scale, would like more examples

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Pasic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm so excited about using vinegar to remove water scale, would like more examples... what concentrations are best.

Does vinegar worsen Buna rubber integrity in any significant way or EPDM material and especially for short exposure purposes, I don't think it will.

How effective is vinegar solution at removing water scale on metal surfaces and what chemistry would you use for marine equipment.

Thanks

Sincerely,

Brian

DiveSummit.com | Scuba diving information and equipment for sale

it's quite effective at removing chrome plating if you leave it on too long in an ultrasonic!

the usual concentration is 50:50 vinegar to water. After that, I will take the parts out and rinse them off extremely well to get any of the acid off. Hot water is key for this, but you shouldn't do this to any soft/plastic parts

it's quite effective at removing chrome plating if you leave it on too long in an ultrasonic!

the usual concentration is 50:50 vinegar to water. After that, I will take the parts out and rinse them off extremely well to get any of the acid off. Hot water is key for this, but you shouldn't do this to any soft/plastic parts

I know of a guy that used it to clean the carbon off his duty M9-92FS. Problem is he left it in too long, thinking more is better, and stripped all the bluing off his gun. Yikes! Glad I didn't have to explain that one to the brass.

Back
Top Bottom